Notices

My doctor says I'm schizophrenic lol

Old 10-04-2015, 09:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well at least get a second opinion from another Dr, and go from there, but if 2 or 3 different Drs think your medication is a good idea then it surely must be the way forward!!

We can't rewrite our genetics or our addictions, instead we need to accept where we are and do everything in our power to write a new chapter to our lives, a happier one!!
Old 10-04-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post

Why make life harder on yourself than it has to be.

Get your script , do your drug therapy and move back in with your ex and make him your UN ex if that hat you want .

The balls in your court hun and from where I'm standing you can have a happy life instead of sabotaging it.

I really want this for you.

Why be miserable xx

Xxx
I almost paralyzed him. Like, he has to do physiotherapy because of me. I beat him so badly, he nearly lost his ability to move. I love him, but I did this, and I'm not allowed to come home.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:56 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I hear voices IN things. In fans, in drum beats, like IN things. Can't even listen to music anymore.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:09 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Hi dunkelheit!

I was diagnosed with schizo-affective disorder a few years ago, after being involuntarily hospitalized. I understand about hearing voices in things...

I have resigned myself to taking meds for the rest of my life. I read posts by people here who go off and on their meds in a constant cycle of despair and drama, and that is a big reason I have decided to just take the pills
Old 10-04-2015, 10:15 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dunkelheit View Post
I almost paralyzed him. Like, he has to do physiotherapy because of me. I beat him so badly, he nearly lost his ability to move. I love him, but I did this, and I'm not allowed to come home.
Please take your medication. If not for you, for everyone around you.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:19 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coldfusion View Post
Hi dunkelheit!

I was diagnosed with schizo-affective disorder a few years ago, after being involuntarily hospitalized. I understand about hearing voices in things...

I have resigned myself to taking meds for the rest of my life. I read posts by people here who go off and on their meds in a constant cycle of despair and drama, and that is a big reason I have decided to just take the pills
I've been on antipsychotics since I was 14. No one ever told me why.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
EndGame

Our beloved RobbyRobot openly acknowledged that he struggled with schizophrenia early in life. He overcame his psychiatric disabilities and much more to live a very good life by any measure, but he also acknowledged that he could not have done it on his own.

I've treated schizophrenia clinically and coordinated major studies on the cognition and neuropsychology of schizophrenia. One of the most important elements in recovery is access to and use of available supports, including hospitalization, therapy/support groups and medication.

There have been many people on SR who suffer from psychiatric disorders who've lost control of everything by going it on their own. The process typically starts with rejecting their medication and other forms of help. I suffer from major depression, but it's been under control with medication and therapy for about twenty years.

Give yourself a chance to heal.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
Our beloved RobbyRobot openly acknowledged that he struggled with schizophrenia early in life. He overcame his psychiatric disabilities and much more to live a very good life by any measure, but he also acknowledged that he could not have done it on his own.

I've treated schizophrenia clinically and coordinated major studies on the cognition and neuropsychology of schizophrenia. One of the most important elements in recovery is access to and use of available supports, including hospitalization, therapy/support groups and medication.

There have been many people on SR who suffer from psychiatric disorders who've lost control of everything by going it on their own. The process typically starts with rejecting their medication and other forms of help. I suffer from major depression, but it's been under control with medication and therapy for about twenty years.

Give yourself a chance to heal.
I'm in hell.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:33 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

dunkelheit, I am so sorry...I want you to hang on to the hope and trust that it will get better...it will take a little bit of work but it will get better.

We are here for you.

What is stopping you from trying the meds once again?...

A good place to start is a talk with the doc, things can turn around for the better pretty quick.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:46 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're in hell.

I'm going to preface my remarks by saying I know nothing of schizophrenia.

None of us can tell you what to do, but it doesn't seem that where you are is a great place right now.

In the absence of any other plans, maybe taking your meds again might be a way out of the hell you feel you're in?

is it worth a shot?

D
Old 10-04-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I grew up with a schizophrenic mother, she was not nice to be around. She'd hear voices in things too, usually it was Jesus or the government telling her her kids were going to hurt her.

She is an alcoholic too so I won't say that she's 'normal' when she takes her meds, but she's a much happier person for it. She fought taking them for years, said she didn't need them, said we were all just trying to drug her to make her forget what the voices said.....she wasn't thinking clearly and I don't think you are either.

These people want to HELP you. Please let them.

You haven't given a reason as to why you won't go back on your meds....what do you think will happen if you take them?

You keep saying you are in hell, so....can it get any worse?
Old 10-04-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Secretdrinker View Post
I grew up with a schizophrenic mother, she was not nice to be around. She'd hear voices in things too, usually it was Jesus or the government telling her her kids were going to hurt her.

She is an alcoholic too so I won't say that she's 'normal' when she takes her meds, but she's a much happier person for it. She fought taking them for years, said she didn't need them, said we were all just trying to drug her to make her forget what the voices said.....she wasn't thinking clearly and I don't think you are either.

These people want to HELP you. Please let them.

You haven't given a reason as to why you won't go back on your meds....what do you think will happen if you take them?

You keep saying you are in hell, so....can it get any worse?
It isn't telling me to do anything. Just a lot of BS about ISIS and kangaroos. I wouldn't listen anyway, just a lot of BS. And coal-face, showing up.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

It freaks me out, like there are voices IN things. In radios, in music, in air conditioners...everywhere.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:06 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

It freaks me out, like there are voices IN things. In radios, in music, in air conditioners...everywhere.
Yeah hers were radios and lightbulbs.

So why won't you give the meds another try?
Old 10-04-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

On top of everything you are going through dunkelheit, you sound awfully depressed..
Depression needs attention and action.

You clearly recognise that that there is a problem.
Talk over your options with your doc..

...you have already started helping yourself by contributing here and giving up the alcohol...getting the doctor/meds sorted is the next step...x
Old 10-05-2015, 01:29 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Notimetoloose View Post
On top of everything you are going through dunkelheit, you sound awfully depressed..
Depression needs attention and action.
Yeah, I'm alone. My body hurts. I can't sleep.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:46 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I think that Seroquel you were prescribed might help you sleep?
Old 10-05-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

This is serious , you need help.

If not for yourself at least try to make it up to the person you harmed who is still having physiotherapy.

I feel you have made up your mind regardless. But the only way for you to start helping yourself is to take your meds.

Until then , you will still be in hell & make the life of others around you miserable. You sound intelligent so I'm sure that's not what you want.

Make amends.

Do yourself a favour and all of those who care about you. Get well

It's a choice and a simple one.

Then everything else will fall into place.

Good luck xx
Old 10-05-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
~sb

Seroquil helps to stop the voices and helps sleep. My friends take it regularly.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Dunk, you can make coal face go away by taking your meds. Why do you want to hear voices in things that do not talk and have this coal face invade your mind?

I am sure you do not want to hurt anyone else, its time to stop all of this and take your meds.