Notices

New Journal To Recovery

Old 06-06-2016, 07:58 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Day 221.

By this time I thought things would get easier but Im seeing myself battling this addiction. I went through Memorial Day weekend around alcohol every were I went and the temp toon were strong. I managed to get by by drinking juice and smoking cigarettes.

My cigarette smoking has gotten to a pack a day. I'm smoking almost every 15 minute. You are talking about a guy that goes to the gym six times a week and does a gruesome workout and then craves to smoke.

I also lost my grandmother and went through a very emotional state. It's crazy how hard it is to loose somebody you love. She's gone and all I have is memories and a chain she gave me before she departed.

I meet a wonderful girl last month in a bar. She's professional has two kids and a lot going on in her life including many accomplishments. She's is 39 and I am 30. Talking to her made me realize that for the past 10 years I made very little progress in life. Earlier this year I started to get my act together and this is all due to sobriety. I tend to be hard on myself and not give myself enough credit and I just want to be successful.

I don't want to sit and wait. All my life I've been waiting for that right time and that time never comes, but I don't know if it's good to start dating now when I'm in the process of starting a business and also going through the mix emotions of sobriety and losing a love one.

I also need to quit smoking. It's hurting my health and I feel fatigued.

Enough of the rant. Time to get back to work
Old 06-07-2016, 06:05 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Hey Ghost

Hang in there. Keep off the booze and deal with the smokes later.
Old 06-08-2016, 05:20 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Day 223.

I'm finally getting back In the loop of after my grandmother death. It's been a month and I'm still not over it. I told the lady I was seeing that I need some time off to find myself. I lost a person I love and still early in my recovery and I'm also working on a business to have a better future. I'm under a lot of pressure and the only way I've been able to get through all this is to maintain busy.