Notices

Light up there

Old 09-05-2004, 02:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Light up there

This day has not been easy but I am still clean!This morning my computer went down and I was scared I wouldn't be able to be back for a while.This forum has been such a boost for me and it is the only place where I have been able to tell anyone what I'm going thru.Maybe Friday at the next NA meeting I will be able to speak up.Its day 7 and my head does not hurt quite as much today.I still can't seem to do very much but lay around.I just feel exhausted all the time.Thanks to all who have sent me encouraging messages.And thank you Dan for responding with what I need to hear.I still feel as if I'm in a deep,dark hole but I'm beginning to see the light way up there at the surface.At least for now!
Old 09-05-2004, 03:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi Richie and congrats on 7 days. I know the feeling, been there! It shouldn't last long, I was befuddled, that now that I had quit, ya would think I should be feeling better, but I didn't I was majorly exhausted as well. Give it time, and I found mult-vitamins helped a bunch!
Old 09-05-2004, 03:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Kit

Richie, there IS a light. I often use the image of light to help myself. Here is something you can do to help with the cleansing process. Sit comfortably (Indian style with your palms face up, resting on your knees, is a good way to sit) breathe in through your nose and out your nose, gradually taking longer breaths. When you feel you have a nice rhythm going, think of the warm sun, basking you in warmth and light. Also, think of all of the toxins and undesirable stuff you want to get rid of. On your next inhale, imagine yourself breathing in the warm sunlight. Next, imagine you are exhaling all of the crap -- totally letting out every bit of air. Repeat this for up to 8 breaths. When you are finished, focus your thoughts on something calming and peaceful. This is a great little excersize for your body and your mind. You are going through the toughest of times. You need to do things that will lend themselves to the healing of your body.
Listen to Chy and take those multi vitamins, drink plenty of water. I'll be thinking of you and sending you some strong rays of light!!
Love, Kit
Old 09-05-2004, 04:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Richie,

7 days - way to go!!

Just go with how you feel. Be kind to yourself, take it easy and you'll feel better each day. Keep posting. This is a great place to come to be inspired!

Love, Anna
Old 09-05-2004, 04:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Castaway

Hey Richie,
It's hard to see through the fog and it makes things go a little slower...like in slow motion. The fog ends just around the bend and then you're on your way. Hang tight Richie. You've got lots of support and love coming your way from everyone at SR. You only have to reach out your hand and we're there.
Sandy
Old 09-05-2004, 05:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dan

There's the week Richie...
I had myself a crappy day today. You know one of those days where nothing seems to work out as planned. It's almost over, and I'm going to go to sleep sober for another day.
Reading that you made the seven days made me smile when I needed it the most.
Thanks for that man.