Notices

Checking in

Old 10-01-2015, 06:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Checking in

On day 18. Just spent 3 days on the road with no meetings after averaging close to 2 a day and doing a lot of step work.

Did not want to drink and was actually afraid that I would drink without wanting to like I had no control not to. Weird feeling. Checked in with sponsor, made it home and need to get back on my meeting schedule as I am back in the road from Sunday until Wednesday next week.

My patience and tolerance dwindled day by day. The valet's computer system at the airport was down when I got home. 40 minute wait to get car after 4 1/2 hour plane ride and I really slipped back into my old a@@hole, selfish, egomaniac patterns.

Wife and 4 year old daughter are back home, doing resentment prayers on the people on my fourth step resentment list and needing to get back on track a bit or I am heading for disaster. I know this from too many relapses since my intro to AA back in 1983.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Roxy
Old 10-01-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

keep on roxy ,

I found unclenching my fists , unlocking / untighting my jaw , rolling my shoulders , opening the window or cranking up the air con to physically cool off helped me , stopping and having some water if i was driving .

Learning to back off my own head of steam was something i'd never done before as i was building up a head of stinking thinking steam on the runaway train that lead to drinksville .
Nowadays i always make the decision , cool off , back off , get outta my own way .

take care, 18 day

m
Old 10-01-2015, 09:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
keep on roxy ,

I found unclenching my fists , unlocking / untighting my jaw , rolling my shoulders , opening the window or cranking up the air con to physically cool off helped me , stopping and having some water if i was driving .

Learning to back off my own head of steam was something i'd never done before as i was building up a head of stinking thinking steam on the runaway train that lead to drinksville .
Nowadays i always make the decision , cool off , back off , get outta my own way .

take care, 18 day

m
Thanks. Good advice. Three days with no meetings and I fatal right back into that irritable, restless and discontented.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Proud of you for making Day 18 Roxy. We know how hard it is early on, but you're doing it. Things will get easier.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Fantastic job on 18 Roxy. Like the others have said, we know who tough the early days are.

Keep fighting.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through Roxy!!
Old 10-01-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great Job Roxy!!!! 18 days Awesome!
Old 10-01-2015, 05:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Don;t be too hard on yourself - you're sober, you're working your programme and you have 18 days - all is good

D
Old 10-02-2015, 07:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Great work on 18 days.

This may be a dumb question, as I didn't go the AA route, but aren't there meetings you could go to wherever you're travelling? A friend of mine is an AA guy, and travels a lot for work. He'll look up the nearest meetings to wherever he'll be and go along. He mentioned how several times he'd be in a group work meeting, and afterwards go to the local AA group and see one or two of the same guys again. He said that often helped cement the work relationship as well, a kind of Band of Brothers sort of thing. I even started to wonder if he was only pretending to be an alcoholic for the networking opportunities