Notices

Class of October 2015

Old 09-30-2015, 08:28 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Helpimalive,

Good job on not drinking today!!!!

Alcohol and drugs can take away so much, but they don't define us. Rather than concentrate on so called "skills" that select businesses require, what do you enjoy doing? You could always start there and build.

I think someone famous said, "If you love what you do for work, you'll never work a day in your whole life."

Just a thought, hope it helps!

PS: I love the x-files!,,
Old 09-30-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Good night all!

Thanks Dee for setting up this page, and thanks to all of the folks visiting for support. Thanks especially to my fellow members of this class! Great to read and know that you all are out there going through this with me and together.

Day 1 in the books! I had a pretty good evening out to eat with family. Did have a couple of "ooooh. Beer. Over there..." Type thoughts at dinner. But they passed soon.

I'm literally feeling better right now than I have any night in the past week while drinking. Hope the sleep comes easy. My thoughts and prayers and virtual hugs to everyone!
Old 09-30-2015, 09:05 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was pretty much a 40 yo teenager when I quit.
I had no real idea of what adults did.

I learned fast tho - without the 'escape' of alcohol it was pretty fast learning curve.

I'm really glad it happened tho - 'teenage me could not have dreamt this life let alone aspired to it...I love who I am and I love my life.

stay sober, stay focused and I'm sure that come January you'll have a few ideas helpimalive

D
Old 09-30-2015, 09:06 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hello Class of October,

Ive officially set the date yesterday for Day 1 of my recovery and I would be honored to be a part of this group. There is so much love and support here from people that truly understand me and I am truly honored to be a part of SR.

To staying sober once and for all!
Old 10-01-2015, 03:26 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Happy October ! Its great to be here, and woke up sober today. Sleep was light, and spotty, and cant wait till that improves. No big plans for today, except keeping focused on sobriety. Cause drinking aint on the menu anymore.

Hows everyone doing today? Lets make it an awesome, sober day all.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:29 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

And welcome Kirky!And anyone else new, or returning.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:53 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
nmd

Thought I had a chance at shotgun, but not so much, I guess it's been Oct 1 for a while in Oz not to mention the rest of the world and we're already on page 3. :-)

I managed one sober day this week, but not yesterday, so this is my day 1. I wanted a sober stretch before posting but I do better with the motivation of SR so I'm joining this class to make it stick. I had a sober stretch last year and one real effort this year in May.

I think like many other people here, my resolve is great in the morning, and not so much after a long day. I need to adjust my plan accordingly. One thing I've started and add to my plan is a morning/bedtime gratitude, a simple check-in and reminder of what I have to be thankful for. I also haven't really found a face to face support network yet either.

My fiance's health has been poor recently with possible heart problems (still going through diagnostics). I can't change her drinking, but I can stop mine, and I can certainly stop being a trigger myself. If anything takes the romantic notions out of drinking, it's this.

So, to the rest of the October class, welcome and I'm glad to be here.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:30 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by KeyofC View Post
I'm not new Dee! I'm being supportive. I'm in the August class. Should've been July since my quit date is July 20.
72 days, I like to count.
I know Key but I thought you were joining this thread as well - my mistake

D
Old 10-01-2015, 04:30 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome nmd

D
Old 10-01-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Good to see ya nmd. Welcome back.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:49 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to you too Kirky

D
Old 10-01-2015, 05:42 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Oh gosh D, I think I'm in them all! Not a mistake! You have so much on your plate I don't see how you keep all of us straight anyway! ((hug))! It helps me when I read everyone's posts. I am working hard on positivity in my life. I practice sobriety every day all day long. I want it to become just a part of what I do so if I make it habitual it will turn into just the normal things I do everyday. I don't think of it as a chore. I want to be normal so bad. But as every addict does, I have so much crap that's messed up that goes on inside of me and it rears its' ugly head sometimes.
"Not everyone will do as I do because they don't have a heart like mine."
I tell myself this quote all the time. I try to keep it close to my heart. But I really feel like I took a beating yesterday in all aspect of my life and the straw finally broke the camels back last night. All I try to do is show compassion, kindness, and love to people and when I feel like I am attacked for doing that, for lack of a better word, it really pisses me off.
I finally "allowed" myself to give in to this feeling last night when my husband unfoundedly jumped my butt for something so childish and my hard outer shell that I work so hard on every day, just cracked. Right now, I am dealing with hurt. I had my feelings hurt a lot yesterday only trying to help people, but he really got me and put the spear right in my heart. I fought it all day. All day.
I am way to sensitive and I am trying to pull myself out of this being I am so susceptible to depression. My heart is broken. So if I'm quiet it's because I am pre-occupied with picking up the pieces.
I don't have a sister but I'd give anything if I had one right now. :/ </3
Old 10-01-2015, 06:10 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Secretdrinker View Post
Oh I LOVE those Halloween emo's!! I can't wait! Other than Christmas, Halloween is my favourite holiday! It's my inner goth wanting to come out and play I think

Anyway, I'm in the September class but just wanted to pop in and say welcome to everyone joining here. I'll be following your stories, not only to support you, but for selfish reasons too, seeing people on day 1 really makes me determined to not ever go back there.... Gosh I think that sounds terrible.

I'm not one to mince my words though, and it's the truth, so I'm not deleting it lol!

Thanks for coming, we're so lucky to have you. Do not fret on your concern though, because you're a rookie and we all start off thinking there will never be another day (1).

I commend those that have never had another day (1), like those that have been sober 1 or 2 years, or 10 or 20 years and everything in between.

Oh yeah, I'm not one to mince my words either.

Congratulations because you're the first person that I've come across on SR that has ever leveraged their sobriety on someone else's first day.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:13 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

My birthday month! I love the fall and Halloween... don't drink.. EAT CANDY . lol

Class of Oktober 2015.

Dru -
Old 10-01-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

So, now that I got that out of the way.

Hey gang.

Great to have you all joining the October class and glad to be a part of it. I'm on day (2) here.

They say it's all in your head, but I've managed a sober October the past (3) years and plan to make it a 4th and of course more, but that is where I struggle.

Stay Strong........
Old 10-01-2015, 06:21 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

New to SR. 9/30/15 was day 1. Just tired/frustrated, chastened, and mute concerning myself. Have gotten a lot of insight and hope from reading thread after thread on SR, since discovering it a few days ago.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

nmd glad to see you back. Thanks for touching base with me too, that really helps me to stop and think about we're I'm heading.

Hope everything with your fiancé improves.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BixBees505 View Post
New to SR. 9/30/15 was day 1. Just tired/frustrated, chastened, and mute concerning myself. Have gotten a lot of insight and hope from reading thread after thread on SR, since discovering it a few days ago.
Welcome BB, you're not alone regarding your feelings.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:34 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hi all, I am really nervous writing this - this is all new to me, only joined yesterday and already this is a huge help. Day 1 for me yet again, really need to do this for so many reasons, the main one is for me, I want me back.

I plan to be on this daily, lets do this!
Old 10-01-2015, 06:37 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by maximus97 View Post
Welcome Neverthought! I've been around the SR block a few times myself, great to have you in October!
Thanks, you too Maximus!