Notices

Keep falling victim to the AV

Old 10-05-2015, 10:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Just adding to my own thread. This is day 9 of my re-start and now that I understand myself and the cravings better I will have an easier time of not giving in. I don't really like the amount of days sober kind of thing as I see the previous days sober as still part of quitting. The 2 months that I quit for was great in that I felt so much better and figured out that all/most of anything wrong with me was due to the alcohol (no more heart burn, snoring, coughing/dry heaves in the morning, headaches, low energy, ETC, ETC.) My son (10 years old) knows that I have quit drinking as he doesn't see a beer in my hand all the time anymore and he is always telling me that I am much better without beer because I do more with him and in general. He is my driving force and that's why I made my name quitforson in the beginning.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
quat

Thats awesome quitforson
Going back to older posts can help if we ever feel a wooble or worse, bookmark this one ,right here, it says alot you know ?
Goodonya and keep truckin
Old 10-05-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

hey there QFS.... remember this;

you're NOT a 'victim' of the AV.... you're choosing to give in to it.

Maybe that seems like a subtle difference, but it actually makes ALL the difference.

Our AV's prattle on, plot, scheme, annoy, slide in the shadows, act like a friend, act like an enemy, they hoot and holler and nudge and encourage and try every damn trick in the book.

But a voice in the head isn't the person who decides to pick up that first drink. That's you. YOU decide that.

An addictive voice in the head can't hurt us, can't threaten us, can't take control of our body and MAKE us drink alcohol. We choose that.

At first, that may seem a little daunting but once we let that sink in deeply, deep down to that real Self inside who realizes the joy of life isn't in a bottle - then it becomes incredibly empowering.

Maybe you have made choice after choice to give in and do what the AV is suggesting, goading, luring you to do... and maybe you're not pleased with those choices. But that doesn't make you a victim. To the contrary - that makes you a person who has LEARNED where those choices lead. And now, you are further empowered.

To make a different choice next time.

And as you make those different choices and the results stack up.... it gets easier and easier.

Then one day you realize fully and deeply "I am NOT that AV.... and I am a happy, sober, FREE human spirit experiencing this life for all it has to offer.... not just the life that is offered through the haze of a bottle".

Old 10-05-2015, 11:32 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Rar

....."The forever part is hard to tell myself,"

It is hard for me also. I am only on Day 29. I tell myself, "Today I will not drink". I post on the 24 hour thread and make that commitment first thing in the morning. Presently I'm worrying only about those 24 hours and for me, it's working. Hang in there, Quitforson. You can do this.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by QuitForSon View Post
My son (10 years old) knows that I have quit drinking as he doesn't see a beer in my hand all the time anymore and he is always telling me that I am much better without beer because I do more with him and in general.
THE AWESOME.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Originally Posted by FreeOwl View Post
Then one day you realize fully and deeply "I am NOT that AV.... and I am a happy, sober, FREE human spirit experiencing this life for all it has to offer.... not just the life that is offered through the haze of a bottle".

Really, really good, FreeOwl. You nailed it!