Notices

Stay sober here!!! Weekender September 25 Part 2

Old 09-30-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Too late for the video - but a great idea. There were witnesses to all of this that can attest that a) I was not intoxicated that night and b) it was me that started the car the next morning. I'm not going to worry about it much. I hope. I'm hoping that the notes in my file will suffice.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

MLD, I'm sure you must be on some kind check in with an "officer of the court" to some extent. I would fire off a letter of 'complaint' about the faulty device that left you stranded and was a great inconvenience. At least that would also be in your record.

I finally purchased a strap for my mandolin - needed it badly.
$2 for a 72" leather boot lace - now a mandolin strap. I have a spare cause you had to buy a 'pair' for 4 bucks.

I need to water the lawn. That inch of rain last night was no help.
AND I saw green hair peeking through the straw already!
Old 09-30-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Yes, Brain, I have a diversion program officer. I was just thinking I should send her an e-mail. Or call her (tomorrow) and follow up with e-mail.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:48 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Can you believe it - a vegetable pasta bake with a cheese and breadcrumb crust awaited me after a long days toil!!
Old 09-30-2015, 02:51 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Nice one Behan!
Old 09-30-2015, 03:06 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the well-wishes.

Made it downtown on the bus in time. Sat for four hours with a hundred and fifty other people, and only one group of (20) jurors were called. We go back tomorrow and if we aren't called then it's over for this round. They have changed the introduction video to include, "If you do not want to answer questions in front of a room full of strangers, raise your hand and tell the judge." I guess then you get a private discussion time with the judge (and maybe attorneys, I don't know.) That is a significant improvement over my past jury calls. I guess I'm not the only one traumatized by the process.

So, yay? I guess.
Old 09-30-2015, 03:07 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Add some Steak Tartar and Pork Rinds to that Vegan Pasta Bake, Behan. Work with Ruby to upload this 'New & Improved' Dish to some Vegan Website. From what Ruby said, it sounds as if others are doing this sort of rad Recipe Mod. Hee hee...

The Good News is the same as the Bad News: this is the best Idea I've had all week.

Just finishing a Personal Best Amazon Order that was just over $2k. All kinda Wireless Internet Gear + Antennas. New Long Range Wireless Router that will reach our Guest Cabin/Gym/Shop/Garage Complex. New Modem. New Long Range Amp + Antenna for Trailer Cellphone use. Da Wife was pretty hacked off last Weekend at the lack of Cell connectivity. A few Trailer amenities. Flexible Water Hose Connector to avoid snapping a Fitting, etc..

New Front/Back/Cargo Mats for her lil Ford SUV. New Back Seat Cover to prevent further Dog damage to my Truck Back Seat. And, he is doing much better today.

Next is improved Solar Panels + Controller for the Trailer. I can then recycle the small Panel and Controller on it to power the Wireless Internet Antenna + Modem way far from the House at the Gate where the Phone DSL Line is 'live' now. Boondock soon with new Solar Electricity stuff to camp very far away from Drone-flying Pinheads, and mean Dogs that attack our Dog. I'm using my Solo Trip in 3 Weeks to Moab as my Drop Dead_line to upgrade Trailer Solar.

Some other Guano I've already forgotten. Beats spending City House Sale Proceeds at the Liquor Store.

I don't worry about having been a Dope in the past. I simply have eliminated being a Dope in the future.
Old 09-30-2015, 03:14 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

I shall try that pork rind vegan pasta bake sometime MM!

Good night folks. See you all for a fresh thread tomorrow.

My best wishes,

B
Old 09-30-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

wish I had a city house to sell, hell wish I actually owned a house...
MM you are doing it up fer shur. looks like I can catch a flight to SLC for around 100 bucks, rent a roller skate and be in moab in about 5 hours after I land, what time should I be there?

Bim, I hope you don't have to raise your hand and just waste some hours hanging around the halls instead.

Big win on the veggie pasta dish B.

I just spent another hour "researching" the internet. I better do something so when the new boss gets home tonight it at least will appear as if I really care... Well I do of course. And every time she notices it's a bonus. Been thinking about actually getting a job again.
But I am already proof reading and correcting papers for her new classes. That's my real job here.

Many of the projects around here are on hold due to insufficient funds. She freaked when I drove to wally-world to pick up my new mando strap. I left the package and receipt on the table to prove I only spent 4 bucks.

I was thinking about going back to school myself. But really, after doing a cost/benefit analysis I'd be better off cutting grass for the parks and recreation department.
Part of that analysis is that I have no desire to actually use my brain much these days. I'm saving it for when I'm 80 to fight off dementia.
Can you draw a dotted line?
Old 09-30-2015, 04:26 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Tick tock!!!!
Old 09-30-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Gonna have to make a veggie pasta bake this weekend. ..it sounds so good.
Worried about my memory. ..I forgot a conversation I had recently. Remembered bits and pieces. Am going to chalk it up to too much info going into the old brain. Kinda scarey though. I've always been happy with my memory skills...now I'm not so sure.
Gonna take my tired old brain to sleep. ..see you all tomorrow on the new thread. Wow, this week went by fast.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

And.....tomorrow I'm going to buy an antenna for my tv and turn off dish tv. Next will be the roku box. I can do this!
Old 09-30-2015, 07:01 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

No government shutdown, but now there's a hurricane coming. Never a dull moment in the House of Nons.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:14 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

H&F ~

I'm right behind you by at least a few weeks on the Roku Box migration. Just ordered all the Wireless Internet Antenna Gear today I need to complete our Link. At a tested ~13 Meg connection speed, we'll have the Headroom for HD quality. 'Regular' HD; not the newest 4K Resolution. Let's keep each other posted. We're @ $95-/Month outlay with Dish Network, and the top-featured Roku Box is $100-. So, that's an instant Financial wash.

LBrain ~

Hey, I think skating over to Moab is a grand idea! I'll be there Boondocking w/new Solar Panels installed on the Trailer [hopefully] from 19 - 26 October. Feel free to swing by at any time other than that Week!

It's 93 F there tomorrow, so I'll be around Moab only if the Temps drop to more like historical averages. Otherwise, I'll pick another spot.

A Pic from Arches National Monument just North of Moab from last April...

Old 09-30-2015, 08:38 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Oh, hey, everyone. I'm biding my time until bed.

Bim, don't know if you'll see this before new thread tomorrow but I'm glad it went OK today. It's nice that they changed the interview process to be more private.

I read a recipe today that had pork cracklings added and thought of you pork rind fans. It was in a chocolate chip cookie recipe. Mexican chocolate and chicharrones(?) I'm guessing the spelling because I'm too lazy to look
Old 09-30-2015, 10:31 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone,

I hope you find something you enjoy LBrain like Parks and Rec. I reckon you would be really good at it. Maybe Landscaping or something similar?