Notices

Stay sober here!!! Weekender September 25 Part 2

Old 09-29-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

just saw your post Bim. you can petition the judge to dismiss you from jury duty with cause. In most cases you would be viewed as a prejudicial juror anyway. You can do this.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Old 09-29-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I know they'll dismiss me. I've been dismissed a bunch of times!! That's what I'm saying. The process doesn't ask if you want a sidebar, it just plows over people.

I'm pretty triggered. I'll talk to you guys tomorrow.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I see I responded to a phantom post... let's just edit it away then.

Having me a second bowl of stew. It’s goooooooooouuuuuuuuuoooooooood!
Have a good evening.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:26 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Congrats to BernieE and Sao on significant Milestones. Or, in Sao's case, Kilostones, I guess...

Today was pretty much 'All Vet ~ All The Time'. The Pooch got attacked yesterday on a paved Path that was 2 Campsites up from us. Both Dogs were leashed. A Golden Lab suddenly went into full Attack Mode, and chomped our beloved Pooch right above the Tail. We didn't know this until I saw the Serum/Blood evidence last night while out here on the Patio.

The super-nice Owner came over to apologize, and explain his Rescue Dog's unpredictable nature. No harm/no foul. But, we didn't see the injury then. He offered his Phone Number/Credit Card to make things right, but we declined. A mighty civilized Gent. For a Texan.-)

So, we're out $90-. No Biggie in this Universe. As I assumed, our Pooch will be fine later this week. Neosporin. 2 Pills. Antibiotic. Mild Painkiller. Vs. some of the Guano I saw at our former City House Dog Park, this is nuffin'. Da Wife is now on High Alert about these things happening so suddenly. It's counter-intuitive for us Owners to deliver a full-on kick to another Dog's midsection, but you do what you gotta do. She delivered some sort of kick, and has now been edumacated.

I heard Da Wife yelling when this went down yesterday, and could see it all through a stand of Aspens. I had my pouched .357 right there while loading my Truck, and was ready to do the unthinkable if this Owner didn't take charge. I've seen some Owners simply blow off their Dog's aggressiveness with this 'Dogs Will Be Dogs' attitude. Pisser 101, in my Moral Universe. We have Mountain Lions here, and mentally prep for the worst.

Our Pooch slipped his snug Collar, and defended himself; thanks to years of Dog Park experience.

Meanwhile, Da Wife is totally in the Bag, and couldn't figger out why. The sudden exertion of the attack seriously strained her otherwise-very-fit Back. If this is the worst Guano we encounter this Month, I'll feel pretty lucky. My Pal's Sudden Death at his Home Office Desk last week provides Cosmic Reference.

Late Lunch Homemade Burgers today, and a sound, rare Nap for me in our wheeled Man Cave w/AC goin'; a.k.a. the new RV Trailer. We got both paid-off Vehicle Titles today in the Mail, so no more dealing with obnoxious Ford Credit outsourced to The Land Of Arranged Marriages.

Feeling mighty superb right now... Salad for a late Dinner.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:58 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hey all!

Yowza, Sao! Bad Freddie, bad. I'm glad my kids were not reading over my shoulders or they'd be traumatized.

Bim, hugs. Say the serenity prayer, meditate, whatever it takes to get through it.

I'm making dinner. We'll see how this one goes. I googled "pork chops kids will love." I'm not so sure about that but it's worth a shot. I really hate reading the reviews after online recipes. Do these people actually read what they wrote? Or understand the concept of a review? "This recipe was great. I made these pork chops and they were delicious. What I did was add a little bit of this, a little bit of that, did this, did that, used worcestershire instead of soy sauce and chicken breasts instead of pork chops and it was WONDERFUL!!" And absolutely NOTHING like the original recipe. Why not just post their own recipe?

Daughter discovered a tube of my lipstick and now wants a makeover. Me too. Anyway, I'm going to go draw on her face with pigment.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Oh, and my quoted comment was my facetious comment, based on the numerous ones I read which were absolutely nothing like the recipe as posted.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:19 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Ruby, can't we all just make tuna salad with pork and get along?

(Man, it hurts when I stretch like that)
Old 09-29-2015, 05:51 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good thoughts coming your way, Bimini!

I didn't even know Scooby Do characters HAD last names. This is the stuff you miss out on when you don't have kids!
Old 09-29-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Sorry about your dog, Mesa! Hope he's better soon!

Sao...congrats on 9 months! Woohoo!!
Old 09-29-2015, 05:57 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I'm getting some fine ideas from this Thread.

As mentioned prior, we're having Salad for Dinner. I'm making it all-Vegan. Except for a few Mods.

I'm adding Steak Tartar and Pork Rinds.

InterWeb Recipe to follow. That is all.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Ha! Pork rinds on salad??? Kind of like croutons right?!?!
Old 09-29-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Brynn, you mean YOU didn't watch Scooby when you were growing up? I did. It's been around forever and ever. I suppose pork rinds on salad would give it some flair.

The kids ate their dinners. Amazing. Pork chops, corn out of a can and apple sauce. Not incredibly exciting or interesting but hey, I got home at 6:15 and it was fast.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I was just munching on some pork rinds.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:45 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Yes I watched scooby do....I just didn't know they had last names.

Are pork rinds really made from pork?
Old 09-29-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Welp ~

No Salad or Pork Rinds tonight. Just Fruit & Yogurt. Still full from Lunch.

The Guano you can find in quick Google Searches.

Vegan Pork Rinds! Plus, a whole lotta Pix I thought were an interesting corollary to All Things Bacon; so dear a Topic here...

Da Pooch is already much better. At the sound of opening the Flour Tortilla Package, he was out here and on it. Very attuned to Plastic noises. I wrap the Pills we're giving him in small Tortilla bits.

I'm still crackin' up at the Mod'ded Recipes that Ruby mentioned.

- Vegan & Other Pork Rinds -

Listening to Trance Music outta Ouray CO on Station KRKQ with Windows and Doors open in lovely, breezy Weather with Diet Ginger Beer adjacent. On line Feed available here:

- KRKQ ~ Mountain Chill Radio -
Old 09-29-2015, 08:01 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Ruby, I know what you mean about those recipe reviews. Drives me nuts. I haven't done it yet, but one of these days I'm going to post the most ridiculous modifications I can think of in a comment. Kind of like mesa's steak tartare and pork rinds on the vegan salad. That would make me (and possibly some others) laugh.

Ok I just had something ridiculously annoying and extremely inconvenient happen. I'm too wound up and hungry to write about it now. Tomorrow. This is a good story. Just not for me.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:04 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I got a chuckle from the vegan salad with added steak Tatar and pork rinds.
ruby...my kids used to love Shake and Bake pork chops with applesauce.
Bim...being retraumatized in court is unacceptable in my book, just for jury duty. There should be something you can do about that.
mesa....I'm so glad that yourbeloved pooch is ok. I'm always afraid of a dog attack when I'm out walking with my dogs. People don't think.
I'll be asleep early tonight. Pretty good week so far.
Good night everyone.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:04 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Pork Chops and Applesauce, Schwell just Schwell. Quote from Peter Brady. best show during 70's, right?
Old 09-29-2015, 08:09 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
...holds the key

I've never had a pork rind in my life but knew a guy who would take his own bag to Mexican restaurants in lieu of tortilla chips!

Thanks for the radio link, Mesa.

Hope you're ok, Marty.

Night HAF.