Notices

Stay sober here!!! Weekender September 25 Part 2

Old 09-29-2015, 10:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Nice Kitties MLD. Cats seem to have a way of making themselves comfortable. I envy their sleeping skills.

Congratulations on eleven months BernieE, you're closing in on that birthday.

I'm with Rachel from Scooby Doo, pretty skeptical of all things supernatural but who knows, maybe it's a ghost that is stealing my pens at work
Old 09-29-2015, 10:59 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good luck with Jury Service tomorrow Bimini

I would wear a black executioners robe and wig etc. They love a bit of humour do the legal profession
Old 09-29-2015, 12:09 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Thanks for splitting the thread Dee .

Remember the full moon and it's powers y'all , look up the etymology of lunacy .

When i used to work in bars and pubs if things were going to kick off or it be madly busy , end of the month ( for pay) and a full moon were always things to watch out for .

Take it easy , m
Old 09-29-2015, 12:15 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Do your best

Popping in to say goodnight
Old 09-29-2015, 01:11 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good night, SW!

I'm in my office at my desk.

Bernie, MLD, I've been having a rough time too lately. I've been tearing up at stuff too. Not drinking but have entertained the thoughts of "why need feel as physically miserable as I do mentally?"

In the end, I'm not drinking. No matter what. I'[m doubling down on the tools in the tool box.

MLD, your cats are so cute. I want them. Trade you two for two? Just kidding.

Congrats Tetra on shotgun.

I'm a believer. Sao has to work on Scooby trivia though. Velma Dinkley and Daphne Blake are the two girls. Okay, I watch too many kids cartoons.

Time to straighten out the car insurance issue from last night/last thread.
Old 09-29-2015, 01:39 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hugs Marty, Bernie, ruby and anyone else who needs one
I always blame being teary-eyed and emotional on hormones and blow off any thought of my emotions actually being real.

I'm very impressed you know Daphne and Velma's last names, Ruby! Wow!

And Bimini....I've got an awful memory and was going to wish you good luck for jury duty earlier. So....good luck and we'll all be with you in spirit supporting you. If things get tense just think about all the Miscreant Rogues who love you!! (You lucky girl )!!
Old 09-29-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Lol! Your right Ruby ( I wonder where the name Rachel came from).

Too tired maybe, I have had an exhausting day.
I posted this in another thread earlier this evening that I could remember an article in a Sunday newspaper magazine from the late 1970s headed "Thank God its Thursday" The premise being that with computerisation, new technologies and machines the working week for most people would be a lot shorter. It seems we have the gizmos but people seem to be working longer and harder than ever.

I have been OK with it this year because it is convenient to have a lot of hours filled that don't give me much time to think about drinking. I feel like I really have to be on the ball all the time. Being busy is fine if you're on top of things but there is no slack in the system. Maybe I need to reprioritise. Some days I really enjoy it (like the day last week when I posted all those pics). Other times I feel like I am running up the down escalator.
I know I shouldn't complain, people elsewhere have it much worse. (how I kept my job when I was drinking is a mystery)

Last drink 30th Dec 2014 - in a little over an hour and half I will be 9 months sober

Last edited by saoutchik; 09-29-2015 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-29-2015, 02:31 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Well done on your 9 month anniversary Sao! Fantastic achievement!!!!!

I'm off to uncle Ned miscreants. Been a long day.

B
Old 09-29-2015, 02:35 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Rachel is a mighty fine name, Sao. Not mine, but still a good name. Congrats on 9 months!

Bernie, congrats on 11 months! Yay!

I've had odd experiences the past two weeks. I was thinking about a woman from church last week. Hadn't seen her for a while. She has an unusual first name and I googled it to see what it meant - it's old English. Anyway, not a half hour later I ran into her in the train station downtown when I arrived. She doesn't work downtown but just happened to be there on the day I was thinking of her. And I ran into her.

Then today, I was discussing someone with a co-worker, whom I haven't seen in years. I went to City Hall to buy a vehicle sticker and this person, who I haven't seen or thought of in years, came in to do the same.

Brynn, scarily, I know the last names of all the Scooby characters.

Time to bug out of here. See you all later!
Old 09-29-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Lol! Thanks guys

I hear Fred has turned bad
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20150901_193649.jpg (32.2 KB, 41 views)
Old 09-29-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I have got a cold on the day of our perfect Indian summer. The temperature was about 18 degrees today but it gets down to about 1 degree at night. Although the sunset was spectacular this evening - red and beautiful. You know the saying "red sky at night, shepards delight".
Old 09-29-2015, 03:15 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I paid my mega phone bill today. I would say that I am certainly a "valued customer" because lately no matter what I try, the bills are stupidly huge. While everyone else has some dinky all-you-can-eat package for about 20 euros a month, dope girl here pays about 90 million a month, which is not an exaggeration
Old 09-29-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
saoutchik

It sounds like it might be worth shopping around Tetra. Sorry to hear about your cold. I hope it passes quickly

Red Sky at morning - shepherds warning
Red Sky at night - shepherds house is on fire
Old 09-29-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

sao, you're pretty naughty today.

I like naughty sao.
Old 09-29-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Okay, so why am I drinking an espresso at 3:30 when I already will probably have trouble sleeping tonight? Sometimes I don't understand me.

In other news, someone who I had regular business dealings with and whom I had no faith in their abilities got fired today. Universe +1, and I didn't report her to her boss so I don't even feel a little bit bad about it. Justice is served.

Maybe that means justice will be served tomorrow and the trial will be settled out of court. That is my prayer today, Universe, if you're listening.
Old 09-29-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi gang,
I heard of 'red sky at night sailor's delight'

Brain's tip of the day: When you spy a good looking ripe tomato on the counter and you just want to take a bite out of it. Don't! Especially if you are wearing a light colored button down shirt. Even if you are leaning over the sink first expecting some juice to drip. It looked like someone stabbed me in the chest.
Second tip: If you don't heed the first tip, jump in the shower right away with you shirt still on and wash it good.

Went grocery shopping alone - the way I like it. Left my note in the car. Got everything on the note. Except parsley wasn't on the list.

Also, a 2 quart ( a little more than 2 kilos) crockpot is not big enough to make a stew. Not the way I make it. Anywho, I boiled the potatoes separately after I rinsed them a couple times to get most of the starchy out.
Made a simple roux and then put it all together in a big pot. Picked up a baguette and smear slices with butter and enjoy your venison stew!

Neigbor saw me watering the 'grass' and said we're gonna get rain. I know. After I was done watering I broke out tarps and covered the lawn to keep the rain from washing away my grass seed. If you saw it you would understand. Perfect grass growing weather the past few days. Now we are going to get hammered by rain and that doesn't include the tropical storm rain from the south. I checked the weather more in the past week than I had in the past six months total.

Ruby, think of MONEY!
Old 09-29-2015, 03:41 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Sometimes, I think the feelings we endure are part of our brains just trying to get better. We didn't treat them very well. At least I didn't.

Bim, I hope that you don't have to sit and wait (and sit and wait) regarding jury duty. I've never been on it but my friends who have said that is the worst part. I keep wondering if I am on some "bad citizen" list. I think I may be the only person I know who has never gotten called to jury duty, even though I vote regularly.

Sao, congrats on your nine months. That is a seriously good accomplishment.
Old 09-29-2015, 03:47 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I have two books I'm taking. One adventure book that I'm already 25% of the way through, but it's intense. One of Eckhart Tolle's books to help center me. I've got my MP3 player charging. I don't mind the sitting. It's the attorney questioning I don't like. I have a lot of trauma in my past, and they ask. In front of the 100 strangers in the room with me.

I hate it. I've been called about ten times. Never actually served on the jury, because I have trauma that kind of disqualifies me. I don't like to talk about it though.
Old 09-29-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hugs, Bim.
Old 09-29-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

congrats on 9 months Sao... you are a year behind me.

Bim, drink about 10 espressos! And go in to the jury room room looking disheveled. You might get dismissed early.
When I had jury duty in the 'big' court it was a day to remember. Trying to find the parking in Philadelphia and dealing with the morning traffic. UGH.
As they were interviewing potential jurors I just say there with a smug look on my face and whenever they asked someone else a question I just rolled my eyes or shook my head. They never asked me any questions, they just said I could go But it was already after lunch and I had to deal with the traffic coming home.

Picked up camera at costco - second shopping trip. Debating weather or not to give it her now. But she did just tell me how wonderful the stew is.
I went budget - my budget at least got the fujifilm xp80 or something like that. Waterproof to 80 feet - not my original choice, but when costco has something close for a good price - SOLD! Came with a 32 GB card, case and two straps. Just thought of something, I may be taking it back if it doesn't have a separate battery charger....

Venecia, I may have missed it, did we ever get to see photos of cabinet?
Or was it someone else? That was paaaaages ago.