Notices

i am new and struggling..

Old 09-28-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy i am new and struggling..

help ive only got 1 day and am struggling.. i know it gets easier? lucky i dont have to wrk til wed.. but i dont know how i can do it? please tell me it is possiable and gets easier?
Old 09-28-2015, 08:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. You have made a brave decision. One of the best you will ever make in your life. The first week is hard, but so worth it. You can do this. Any time you want a drink come here and post. We are all here with you and we have all had a day one. One day at a time, One hour at a time, sometimes one minute at a time. When I first started this journey, I came here a lot. I ate icecream when I wanted a drink, or I took a shower. Cravings don't last a long time, usually less then 15 minutes. Hang in there. I am so proud of you. You got this.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Sweetflower
Old 09-28-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Sweetflower. You've found a great group with a ton of support.

Without a doubt, it does get easier. The first few days were the toughest for me as well. You can do this. Your body is adjusting from the way it has become accustomed to.

Just remember, if you throw in the towel and drink then you will be right back to the place that you are trying to leave.

All of your efforts to not drink are so worth the outcome. Trust me, you won't regret the decision to quit. It has been the best decision I have made in the past 20 or so years.

Lean on us as much as you need!
Old 09-28-2015, 08:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Something brought you to SR and the decision to quit drinking. What was it?

A bunch of misery I'd guess. So continuing to drink is really worse than sobriety, when you think about it. You just have to get through the rough beginning. Day one is a great start.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

It's possible.
It gets easier.
You're awesome.
Just hang in there.
Change is possible, therefore hope is reasonable.

Old 09-28-2015, 09:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello & Welcome
Old 09-28-2015, 11:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Stick with it Sweetflower. As you are not at work for a couple of days try to find plenty of things to do that occupy your mind. I find distractions are a good thing
Old 09-28-2015, 11:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I myself am new to this. I am 2 days in and struggling to find a way to stay away from drinking. I hope that you are able to keep your will. As everyone said, we found this site for a reason. You want to change, and keep your reasoning behind that want in mind. Thinking of why I'm doing this is the only thing helping me at this point. Good luck, you can do this!
Old 09-28-2015, 11:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome Sweetflower
Love your name. When I registered everything I tried was taken so I ended up with my goofy Frickaflip. Even Lamp, Loveseat (which I thought better of) and front door. I'm just not very creative
It does get easier....the first few days are rough as the others have said. I know for me it depends on the length of the bender and how much I consumed. If you feel really uncomfortable don't hesitate to get medical help....I've done it many times.
Really take advantage of these few days off work...eat lots, b vitamins too, and lots and lots of water. Hang in there. You got this.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome ovrslov
You hang in there too. You guys should both join the Class of September thread. Its for people who started their journey in September so its all early recovery, withdrawal stuff....and also the success you start to see after just a few weeks off the sauce. Its incredibly heartening to see people really, really start to change, and quickly. Its full of hope. All we have to do is just not take that FIRST drink
Old 09-28-2015, 12:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Relying on God

We can do this! Just take one minute at a time. Remind yourself that you and your loved ones are worth it. Find a hobby to get your mind off things.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Sweetflower!!