Notices

Struggling a little bit this week

Old 09-25-2015, 05:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Struggling a little bit this week

I've been struggling this week. I've been sober over two years and most of the time I'm happy and content. For some reason I've had enough about seeing, reading and thinking about alcohol everywhere I go. I know, I know, before you jump on me for saying this, I know that I don't have to participate. I'm the one with the problem and yes I need to turn the other cheek. But I'm honestly tired of the role Alcohol play in our society. I know that I have no right to be "holier than thou" with people and yes the ones who can handle it should be allowed to. I can't help though that I'm tired of seeing article after article in papers and media about the craft beer revolution. Fundraisers at my favorite outdoor stores and organizations center around so called pint nights. I even encounter the wine at my bible study group when we have holy communion. Not to mention all sports events and I recently went to a concert where I had pleasure of standing next to a drunk who barely could stand upright, and insisting on talking to me in an incoherent voice. Sorry I'm just over it.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

You have every right to vent, so long as you accept things are not going to change anytime soon.

D
Old 09-25-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hang in there Tnman were here bud vent away