Notices

Stay sober here!!! Weekender September 25

Old 09-27-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

morning HAF, no bacon for me...
I slept until 0830 - waiting up for the wife to get home from work is getting old, but I'm like a father waiting for his little girl to get home...
too hard to explain really.

Tetra, maybe you might want to tell your mother to back off...
I had the chicken pox as a kid and I don't go around telling everyone,
Perhaps in the FUTURE if this turns into anything serious, down the road, then I would bring it up at an opportune time...

btw, dr phil is an idiot... but so are most people... BRAIN IS BACK!

Jsbhodi, sorry you got the drunk text, but also glad for you just the same, good to be able to eliminate folks right out of the gate...
I'm thinking a trip to Bushkill Falls when the leaves start to change around here for another hike and some pics - I think her small camera has expired, time to get a new one, it's so worn I can't even decipher the symbols and writing on it - new one needs a better case, plus it has been dropped a thousand times...

I'm just chillin having a cup of coffee, the cool mornings are great for 'just having a cup of coffee' then decide on b-fast, cheerios or rolled oats? hmmmm

I don't know about Black Mass, but I watched the pope's mass in Philly yesterday. INteresting.

Weasel, glad to see you are still checking in with Tommy.

Della, you go for the bad boys eh?
Axl Rose is probably in your wheelhouse then...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
axl-rose.jpg (53.3 KB, 53 views)
Old 09-27-2015, 06:21 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

MLD.... Maybe a good time to share with my weekender family that I have what is known as face blindness. So that game would be an impossibility for me. Lol.

Had a sausage egg and cheese sandwich. Oh soooo good.

Out and using the Sr. App. But the font kills my eyes. Talk later!

K
Old 09-27-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

here you go Della...

Old 09-27-2015, 06:38 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Oh Ken - that must be frustrating. I can't imagine not being able to not remember peoples' faces after I meet them.
Old 09-27-2015, 06:47 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Proper workout in the books.

Never heard of face blindness....gotta look that one up. It seems potentially a good thing at times.

The things I learn around here!
Old 09-27-2015, 06:49 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Is that Axl? Looks like he's been on HRT (sorry that was mean)

Working on the Lancia as usual. I don't give cars names but my eldest daughter has christened it Flavia. By coincidence there is a Lancia model called a Flavia which is different from mine. Potential for confusion

We have the blood moon as well but at 3.11am. Don't think I can stay up that late, especially as it might be cloudy
Old 09-27-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Morning folks. I received some shocking news last night - my father had a stroke. It was apparently minor, he's got movement, speech, and is fully aware of what's going on. I just talked to his partner who's going to get back to me with more details. Apparently my dad's being moved from the Neuro-ICU into a "regular" hospital room shortly.

So instead of my dad coming to visit me next week, it looks like I will be going to visit him. I am thankful he's okay, but I feel very down and also feel a bit helpless. I want to book a flight NOW, but must wait and be patient and get all the information first. I am also prone to speculate wildly about all the possibilities, but of course nobody knows all the details and speculation won't help me. I'd guess a quiet day at home, waiting for news via phone, is the best I can do. Damn.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:15 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Omg What happened to axl? That's shocking to see when you're still half asleep. When am I ever gonna learn.....coffee THEN weekenders.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:16 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Prayers and good thoughts for your dad, bigS.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:20 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
. Sunday is my favorite day....
Sunday is my favorite day as well. It's just all good from start to end.

Did an impulse run to ikea last evening, always a study in sensory overload.
Picked up some new shelves and other organizing tidbits and my plan is to arrange and tidy all the black clothes in my bedroom, put away the summer things.

Hoping I can see the blood harvest moon eclipse tonight. It sure was a beautiful moon last night.

Alright, more coffee.....
Be well Sober Peeps!
Old 09-27-2015, 07:24 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Oh BigS, very sorry to hear about your dad. Gather your thoughts and info as you stated before jumping to conclusions.
Good luck getting back north to see him. Wishing for the best.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:27 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Oh no, BigS. I'm sorry you had this news. Prayers for poppa S and your family.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:29 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Best wishes to your dad Big S!!

I did love Axl before he looked like that! GNR days oh my.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:30 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

A very happy sober sunday to you all!! Survived a wedding last night. 82 days it and still have urges. No hangover or regrets. I am also nicotine free 2 months today wooo hoo! Today is a great day!
Old 09-27-2015, 07:46 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Sending good thoughts, BigS.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:47 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Thinking of you and your dad bigs (((hug)))

Not too much planned today, going into work for a while, study, invoices, head out for a walk, its so beautiful in the fall!
Old 09-27-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
Hi all, happy Sunday to you. It is a pretty grey day here, perfect for a late lunch then an afternoon nap! I had to get up early this morning to go to one of my rental houses and see off some tourists. It was rough getting up early, I was out until 1am, which is VERY rare for me. Thankfully I did not drink and though tired, woke up without a hangover.
Last night was really great for me. I had been a nervous wreck about going to this dinner. The couple hosting and most of their friends are very heavy drinkers and I was really anxious about how I was going to decline. I reviewed a few strategies with my boyfriend, and still wasn't sure what I would do when pressured to drink. Well, as per usual with these types of worries, it was not a big deal at all. When we arrived they opened a bottle of prosecco and when it was offered to me I simply said "no thanks, I'd like some water" and that was that. No pressure, no questions, just moving on to the next person's glass and then immediately bringing out a bottle of sparkling water for me.
Then we had the funniest night ever. These people are hilarious, we laughed so much our stomachs hurt! And the food, good god the food. We ate and ate and ate… fresh porcini mushrooms, anchovies, grilled eggplant, fried rice and mozzarella balls, grilled scamorza cheese, swordfish "meatballs" salami, pecorino cheese. We ate thinking that was the meal. Come to find out it was just the aperitivo! Next we had a pasta with botarga and clams. Everything was delicious! Great night.
This sounds like an absolutely amazing night!!
I'm so glad you got to enjoy it sober xo
Old 09-27-2015, 07:50 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Sending positive thoughts for your Dad BigS....it's tough watching our parents get older; I've been going through the same.

Beautiful cooler weather today in Vermont, blue skies, and abundant sunshine. I'm putting my camper away for the season and reflecting on how it didn't get really used at all.....at least there is next year.

My partner's daughter overdosed on heroin a week ago today; she is "fine" and now living with her Dad (my partner....I need to figure out a better term as it really isn't even that as of late......) I don't go there anymore....another change. I'm really really really working on being in the here and now. Today is a beautiful day and I'm not going to think about that stuff. When I go over there today to put my camper away for the season I'll try to not go off on her. I'll then head to the apple orchard...that always puts me in a good mood....yum
Old 09-27-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

BigS - good vibes coming from me for you, your dad, and your family.

Beautiful hike this morning. Except for the biting flies. Ouch!
Old 09-27-2015, 07:52 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Thoughts and prayers for your Dad, BigS....that must have been shocking news for you. Take care of yourself.