Notices

I puked all over my bed last night

Old 09-21-2015, 03:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I puked all over my bed last night

I was sleeping sideways and was so drunk...Woke myself up mid puke couldn't get to the washroom. Ive spent most of the day sleeping and trying to get the smell of vomit out of my mattress. I can still smell it and its making me feel really sick and sad for myself. I have tried soap and febreze..no luck. Today was a whole new low for me. I am border line depressed and feel so guilty for myself. Today is day 1. I need to build up some solid sober days before this gets incredibly out of hand.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You can turn this around Scared!! SR is in your corner!!
Old 09-21-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

boy have I been there.... and worse.....

but here's some good news; you never have to feel like this or experience that again.

Sobriety comes along with a gajillion awesome gifts - just ONE of which is never having to wake up covered in your own vomit, filth and shame wishing you were dead again.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

Scared maybe you need to make a stricter plan , if things aren't working for you . Look for you weak spots , make some changes .
Baking soda might work on your mattress , sprinkle some on rub it in good . Let it dry & vacuum
Old 09-21-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ugh. Nothing worse than laying down drunk and getting a bad case of "The Spins". Vomiting while sleeping is pretty bad news. As others have said, you don't have to live like this anymore. Glad you are here and we encourage you to stop the madness! Keep posting, welcome and good luck.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Scared.

You know when they say 'you never have to feel like this again'?
you really don't, man

D
Old 09-21-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I really really really really want to stop. Like REALLY.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Does anyone know? You might ask yourself. We do that. We alcoholics "reason" that way. I know I did. I was beaten senseless after puking on someone's shoes ... Did anyone (that I knew or cared about) know? Nope... Got away with it again!!! I am writing this as a reminder ... Please, if your mind tomorrow wonders "But does anyone know?" Yes , you know, and you are someone, the most important someone!
Old 09-21-2015, 04:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know you do, Scared. It just gets worse, doesn't it.

You can do this!
Old 09-21-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I don't want to feel like this anymore Why aren't the million symptoms i have enough of a deterrent from ever drinking again? Why isn't this feeling enough? I just want this day to be done..I need it to be over right now
Old 09-21-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

make a plan Scared - this link should help

https://store.samhsa.gov/shin/conten...0/SMA-3720.pdf
Old 09-21-2015, 05:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm sorry, you sound miserable and I'm sure that was scary. For me, the feelings weren't enough, I had to think it through and realize how bad it was and that it was only going to get worse.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Baking soda works good so does nature's miracle spray. I use it when my cat pukes and I am sure it would work for human puke just as well.

I have been in the same spot as you, it is not fun and demoralizing but you can make a change today.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Scared1234 View Post
I was sleeping sideways and was so drunk...Woke myself up mid puke couldn't get to the washroom. Ive spent most of the day sleeping and trying to get the smell of vomit out of my mattress. I can still smell it and its making me feel really sick and sad for myself. I have tried soap and febreze..no luck. Today was a whole new low for me. I am border line depressed and feel so guilty for myself. Today is day 1. I need to build up some solid sober days before this gets incredibly out of hand.
I dunno. It sounds like things are pretty out of hand already, but the good thing is it doesn't have to be this way any more.

One of the things you may want to think about is what you are willing to do if you can't get sober on your own. I gave myself a hard deadline and detailed out steps I would take if I continued to struggle to get sober on my own. If I couldn't get sober just using this forum, I would next go to AA. If that still wasn't working, I would do intensive outpatient. If I still couldn't get sober, I would do inpatient.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:23 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I listened to a Speaker Message I found on an Internet web-search. He talked about some of the screwed up stuff he had done, then he asked the audience if anyone had ever pissed in the closet trying to find a bathroom. Some guy raised his hand and the Speaker said, "Oh my god, I NEVER did that, you must have been some kind of a screwed up drunk!!!"
Old 09-21-2015, 05:58 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Scared, I really, really wanted to stop too. I wanted to stop before I had to stop because it might kill me. That's powerful motivation. its good you were sleeping on your side, because if you were sleeping on your back, you might not be here to post about it. I hope you're able to make the changes you want and need.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

This is going to be blunt, because you sound like me at one of my low points. Blunt was what got through to me, and started me on the long road to meaningful sobriety.

I really, really want a Porsche. Like, REALLY. Not a 911 Carrera, I prefer a 928 Turbo.

I really, really want to be back in college. Like, REALLY. Why is my list of reasons not enough?

You've probably heard the adage "Wish in one hand..."

Without an actionable plan, with concrete, practical steps, I will not get my sports car to love and nurture and rub down tenderly and make other slightly uncomfortable innuendos about. Nor will I get back to school to finish a degree I started in 2002.

(And I wonder why I'm single...)

I didn't get sober without a plan. I don't stay sober without a plan. You MAY be the ultra minority that can do it on your own, without any forethought or planning, but mathematically speaking, I wouldn't bet on it. Or, while you're still alive (because if you had been on your back, I'd lay odds that you wouldn't be posting right now...asphyxiation and/or suffocation due to your own vomit would have been a real risk. Drowning on my own puke...what a way to go...), you can start putting together a plan.

We're all here for ya, but we can't do the work for you. Recovery has been, and remains, an inside job.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:34 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I don't want to feel like this anymore Why aren't the million symptoms i have enough of a deterrent from ever drinking again? Why isn't this feeling enough? I just want this day to be done..I need it to be over right now

Hi.

I asked the same questions and the logical answer for me is I’M AN ALCOHOLIC. Forget the BS I can come up with I needed to accept that along with the fact I cannot drink in safety one day at a time in a row.

This vomiting while asleep has choked many alcoholics to death so it’s not to be looked at lightly now or down the road.

A simple way to prevent it is not drink alcohol.

BE WELL
Old 09-22-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

The hideous four horsemen. Woke up with those running through my head many times. There is a solution, a simple one at that, to stop those guys from ever occupying your brain again. Hang in there and good luck.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:49 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Scared,
How are you doing?