Notices

How To Have A Social Life Without Drinking

Old 09-20-2015, 08:48 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Alcohol is not he centre of the social universe, don't let it convince you otherwise!!

You gotta find out what your interested in, because sitting in a pub drinking is hardly any kind of "life", never mind a "social life", get out there and do things, new hobbies, interests, new projects, and with activities will come new people.

We need to move past our old default of going to the pub!!

You can do this!!
Old 09-21-2015, 10:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MelindaFlowers View Post

My social life actually improved after I stopped drinking. 99% of my drinking. .
Dag nabbit!!!! Me and my typos. I meant to say that 99 percent of my drinking was AT HOME. Not that I stopped 99% of my drinking. It is 100 percent. Haven't had a sniff of it in 15 months. (Slaps forehead).
Old 09-22-2015, 02:54 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Zam Zam,

I think we're all agreed that taking up drinking again in the hopes of improving your social life doesn't make a lot of sense.

A lot of suggestions here, but of course they're all shots in the dark without knowing what hobbies, interests or passions you have or used to have.

I used to do amateur theatre, and they're always crying out for help backstage, and the social life is great fun. But there's bound to be options available for everything from sewing to birdwatching clubs, to sports of all kinds, photography, amateur video clubs, dog walking groups, local history enthusiasts etc. Are there any adult learning centres nearby? Check out their brochures and see what might appeal.

Basically, sitting in a pub getting drunk with other drunks is probably the least interesting sounding of the hundreds of things people can do to meet new people.