Notices

I want to drink today

Old 09-18-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I want to drink today

I can feel it, my brain is telling me its ok. So I am doing what I am supposed to do and posting here first. Because I think my brain is lying to me. Its not normal to drink from noon til bedtime. Hope you all are having a good day.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I really wanted to drink yesterday. Today I am very glad I didn't. Hang in there!!!
Old 09-18-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can do it
Old 09-18-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Good of you to post before the relapse.

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
I think my brain is lying to me. Its not normal to drink from noon til bedtime.
I don't know what is or isn't normal. But it certainly isn't sobriety if that's your goal. And for the alcoholic, it's absolute insanity.

Is there anything going on that might have prompted these thoughts? You've been away from SR for a couple days.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You hit the nail on the head, Jeff; your brain IS lying to you. Occupy yourself; whatever you do, don't buy booze.

Maybe read up on RR/AVRT today.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hang in there and stay close to SR... you can do this.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi darling:

What is going to happen if you drink? How are you going to feel? What will it accomplish? Did you read your previous threads? Have you played the tape? I see that you are recognizing your AV. Remember that it is a big liar!!!

This will pass remember that you are not alone and that we are all rooting for you.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Don't do it Jeff! Sitting here on the "day after" I can tell you that it isn't worth it. Not one single bit. Get yourself a fruit juice.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wink

I can feel it, my brain is telling me its ok. So I am doing what I am supposed to do and posting here first. Because I think my brain is lying to me. Its not normal to drink from noon til bedtime. Hope you all are having a good day.
thanks for sharing..
Old 09-18-2015, 07:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Because I think my brain is lying to me.
Your brain isn't lying, your addiction is. Your brain knows that drinking would be a poor choice. Your brain knows what the consequences will be ( and there would be many ).

And really, your addiction isn't lying as much as just not telling you the whole story. It's only telling you about the "good" feeling that we might get for a fleeting moment when we begin drinking. But it's not telling you about the dark side of what will happen next.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html
Old 09-18-2015, 08:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Trudgin

At times many of us "want" to drink. It's just a thought - hopefully we use the tools laid at our feet to not act on the thought. That is the simple difference between going to be sober or not.

Why don't you join the SR sober football pool, make a few picks and tell me how the Vikings will rebound this week. I have them picked to make playoffs!!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ecovery-7.html

The point is occupy yourself doing something else other than thinking about drinking.

I may drink tomorrow - probably not - but not today.......Today may be the last day I am ever granted and I choose to live it soberly!
Old 09-18-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
Good of you to post before the relapse.

I don't know what is or isn't normal. But it certainly isn't sobriety if that's your goal. And for the alcoholic, it's absolute insanity.

Is there anything going on that might have prompted these thoughts? You've been away from SR for a couple days.
Hi Carl, I think it is because I have got my affairs in order for the sale of the company and all is calm. So the "reward" of drinking is present.
Old 09-18-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
You hit the nail on the head, Jeff; your brain IS lying to you. Occupy yourself; whatever you do, don't buy booze.

Maybe read up on RR/AVRT today.
Spent part of the morning with my banker, then went to the shop and inventoried equipment etc...now I'm reading. Keeps my mind busy.
Old 09-18-2015, 10:33 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nowsthetime View Post
Hi darling:

What is going to happen if you drink? How are you going to feel? What will it accomplish? Did you read your previous threads? Have you played the tape? I see that you are recognizing your AV. Remember that it is a big liar!!!

This will pass remember that you are not alone and that we are all rooting for you.
Hi nowthetime, I did spend time this past week one night reading previous posts. It didn't sit well with me. But I was the person who posted those things, so I have to own up to it. It was terrible. So much despair, when in reality it was just pity. stupid. Thanks for chiming in.
Old 09-18-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fly N Buy View Post
At times many of us "want" to drink. It's just a thought - hopefully we use the tools laid at our feet to not act on the thought. That is the simple difference between going to be sober or not.

Why don't you join the SR sober football pool, make a few picks and tell me how the Vikings will rebound this week. I have them picked to make playoffs!!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ecovery-7.html

The point is occupy yourself doing something else other than thinking about drinking.

I may drink tomorrow - probably not - but not today.......Today may be the last day I am ever granted and I choose to live it soberly!
FlyNBuy, can you tell me more about this football thing? I want to do it. I visited the page, but I don't know the rules.
Old 09-18-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Do your best

Idk the rules either I just pick teams but I have always supported Miami dolphins & NY Jets

it's quite fun Jeff
Old 09-18-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

you can do it kiddo hang in there the road is bumpy but you can ride out the rough places..
Old 09-18-2015, 10:56 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Spent part of the morning with my banker, then went to the shop and inventoried equipment etc...now I'm reading. Keeps my mind busy.
Well done, Jeff. Power on.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:07 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Yeap Jeff, my mind would lie to me all the time, always ask for a second opinion here on SR first!!

But get on over to the NFL Football thread, everyone is welcome!!

We had SoberWolf up and running in no time!!

The jist is the match list is posted every week, 16 games, you just have to pick the 16 winners, highlight them in bold, whoever guesses the most correct picks wins, and we continue onto the next week!!