Notices

I want to drink today

Old 09-18-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Hi Carl, I think it is because I have got my affairs in order for the sale of the company and all is calm. So the "reward" of drinking is present.
Or maybe a little sorrow that drinking could sooth? I'm just speculating based on how I'd react.

If all is calm, keep it that way and relish it while it lasts, for a storm is bound to disrupt it.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Trudgin

[QUOTE=thomas11;5562748]FlyNBuy, can you tell me more about this football thing? I want to do it. I visited the page, but I don't know the rules.[/QUOT

Great! Love to have ya and anyone looking for a little football fun.

Go to post # 116 in the thread which lists all games for this week. Pick which teams you think will win and post them. That's it -- no point spreads etc. Just pick em, simple
Old 09-18-2015, 12:50 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
I can feel it, my brain is telling me its ok. So I am doing what I am supposed to do and posting here first. Because I think my brain is lying to me. Its not normal to drink from noon til bedtime. Hope you all are having a good day.
Is something going on?
Old 09-18-2015, 02:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

what are you supposed to do Jeff? say no.

To me drinking today would be like me cheating on my wife, robbing a bank, or walking around naked outside...

I could theoretically do all those things, but I'm not going to.

Just because your inner addict bleats doesn't mean you have to feed it, Jeff.

How are you doing now?

D
Old 09-18-2015, 04:29 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
Yeap Jeff, my mind would lie to me all the time, always ask for a second opinion here on SR first!!

But get on over to the NFL Football thread, everyone is welcome!!

We had SoberWolf up and running in no time!!

The jist is the match list is posted every week, 16 games, you just have to pick the 16 winners, highlight them in bold, whoever guesses the most correct picks wins, and we continue onto the next week!!
Cool, I'm in. For sure.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:33 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
Is something going on?
Hi frickaflip, nothing is going on, that is usually the problem. I think there is a saying "idle hands are the work of the devil" or something like that. I don't do well with downtime. And I have some. Therefore alcoholic drinks come to mind. Not going to happen today though.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
what are you supposed to do Jeff? say no.

To me drinking today would be like me cheating on my wife, robbing a bank, or walking around naked outside...

I could theoretically do all those things, but I'm not going to.

Just because your inner addict bleats doesn't mean you have to feed it, Jeff.

How are you doing now?

D
Hi Dee, thankfully I'm doing fine. I fought through it. There was nothing holding me back from drinking all day, but I know its a bad idea and is a dead end street. I opted to keep my mind occupied by reading etc...now going to watch some college football. I've got some work to do tomorrow, so that is always motivation to wake up feeling good and energetic. If I drank all day, that work would not get done, it would be "re-scheduled" which is just a lame excuse.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:40 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Jeff - I'm sorry you've been struggling, but I'm really grateful that you posted. Reason number one I'm grateful because you posted instead of drinking. But a close second is, if you hadn't posted, I wouldn't have discovered the football pool !!! And I love football, so now I'm joining the pool. Thank you ... and hang in there. I agree about idle hands -- it's good to have plans each day for how I'm going to fill my time with sober activities.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:45 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Rar

I'm glad you worked through your crave. Well done.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:37 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Remember we are driving nails in our coffins if we take a bottle of booze.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:50 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Jeff, Fridays seem to be a problem for you, this isn't the first time you've had AV tangoing with you on a Friday.

What about structuring Fridays so that you are busy all day long? I do a couple of volunteer jobs, one of them is so unlike my every day work that I find it a pleasant change as well as having the enjoyment of doing something for others.

Maybe Friday night dinner could be something you organise, a special meal for you and your wife, sometimes at home sometimes out?