Notices

DayFOUR

Old 09-16-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

DayFOUR

I know it's not much, but I'm really happy to have been sober for four days. I'm also happy to be back in the SR community; you all make me more conscious of the choices I have made and can make, and their implications. All of your life stories--the good and the bad--are inspiring in their own ways. Also, I feel somewhat beholden to the SR community to stay involved and to keep you posted on my progress, trials and tribulations. Thank you!

One of the reasons I stopped this time was to protect my health. I'll be 58 next month and that's not a time to take health lightly. Because of my drinking, my blood pressure was pushing the 135-145 range; when I stop drinking, it comes back down to 120, where it should be.

Today, after four days, it is finally back to 120!

Besides staying sober, my next two goals are to get back in shape and to loose 25 lbs. Maybe that's a lot to shoot for at one time, but it helps me to think of stopping drinking as part of an overall change in lifestyle. Then, it doesn't seem like something I have to give up, or like a punishment--instead it seems like something I want to do to feel better and live better, which is the truth.

I have my annual physical on October 14. I hope I will stick with it and reach the month Sober mark by then.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm on day 4 myself Congrats and WB! x
Old 09-16-2015, 07:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go wanttodothis

D
Old 09-16-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great plan. I think by just not drinking, being active and eating right a lot of what you want to achieve will happen if you are consistent. I just entered my 50's and you're right, I can't keep beating up my body. Carpe diem right?
Old 09-16-2015, 11:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 4
Old 09-17-2015, 10:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Day 4 is fantastic!! Keep it going!!