Notices

Class of September 2015 Part 2

Old 09-18-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
Oh really? Bummer. But you haven't wathced Breaking Bad right? I think Saul will make more sense if you watch breaking bad.
I DID watch Breaking Bad and loved it. Hubby did too. I thought Better Call Saul would be good as well, but I was disappointed.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by iminhere27 View Post
Day 6. Feeling ok. There are a lot of horrible things that have happened this past week in my community from suicides to a double murder. Its been hard to stay positive with this going on..its a small town so i know the families involved. I am glad to be sober...even if im struggling to understand some of the bad things that happen in the world...one reason i dont watch news. I got pulled over to be warned for a tailight being out, the first thing i thought was thank goodness I wasnt drinking that was a great feeling.
Hope things quiet down - sending hugs and positive vibes!
Old 09-18-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  
Rar

I just wanted to post to say I'm liking the recommendations for the Netflix or Amazon series. Getting involved in a series is a good way to get through the 'bewitching hours'. I need a new series. As I said, I tried the pilot of "Six Feet Under" and will give the next one a chance.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by iminhere27 View Post
Day 6. Feeling ok. There are a lot of horrible things that have happened this past week in my community from suicides to a double murder. Its been hard to stay positive with this going on..its a small town so i know the families involved. I am glad to be sober...even if im struggling to understand some of the bad things that happen in the world...one reason i dont watch news. I got pulled over to be warned for a tailight being out, the first thing i thought was thank goodness I wasnt drinking that was a great feeling.
Sorry to hear about what is happening in your community, iminhere. My thoughts are with you and your community.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Rar, I found Six Feet Under too pretentious and too bloody miserable most of the time. Amazing ending though. The final episode was the best one by far.

I was massively into Supernatural for a while but have gone off it for various reasons. I'm currently rewatching Friends on DVD ( had to cancel Netflix ) as it's nice and easy on the brain.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CountryGal123 View Post
Welcome! I'm on day two myself I am really thankful for the support offered here at SR. I've heard /read some say that getting sober is the hard part. Staying sober is the easy part (think it was in that show "Mom") fingers crossed that's true 😜😁
I hope that's true. I've had long periods of sobriety before (a year) but that's been the exception. I start to feel better and just make the decision. So illogical.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:58 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Zen, hilarious! I just got home and that photo made me crack up.

FABL, I have a serious of relationships with very beautiful, very handsome and, frankly, very cruel men. Fortunately, I got off that train, although it took a lot of therapy.

TXAlchy, welcome!!

I am very tired, but had such a productive day at work. Got so much done, including some work on my most anxiety producing project. Really feeling good and feeling happy.

Take care everyone!
Old 09-18-2015, 06:59 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TXAlchy View Post
I hope that's true. I've had long periods of sobriety before (a year) but that's been the exception. I start to feel better and just make the decision. So illogical.
Did the exact same thing! After 6 months, I was feeling so good, I started drinking again.(Also, ironically{and stupidly} got some good health news and "celebrated"). I need to treat alcohol like I did with cigarettes over 15 years ago: for me, it is nothing that I can touch again.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:01 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Rar I was hooked on six feet under back when it was on HBO. It is weird and creepy at times, but I enjoyed it.
I'd love to find a series to get into on Netflix again. This summer I watched Orange is the new black loved it! Well, I liked the earlier episodes much better than this season. Unfortunately I drank while I watched most of it but I'd love to get into a Netflix series and let it occupy me and help me stay sober this time instead.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:01 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

I'm having another rough night. I've got a family issue that will rear its head next week at a family function. I would avoid it if I could, but I can't. It will be grit your teeth time. It's weighing on my mind. Family issues and unresolved resentments are an unfortunate part of my sobriety.

Six Feet Under is one of my all time favorite shows. I watched it when it came out back about 10 years ago. It really explores the depths of the human experience. Breaking Bad is great too, more suspenseful.

Funny, there aren't any shows in into now. I feel it's gone down hill. I tried to get into True Detective season 2. All I watch are sports and the news. The political system is heating up, sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope it won't be as mad as you fear Rio.

D
Old 09-18-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by matilda123 View Post
Did the exact same thing! After 6 months, I was feeling so good, I started drinking again.(Also, ironically{and stupidly} got some good health news and "celebrated"). I need to treat alcohol like I did with cigarettes over 15 years ago: for me, it is nothing that I can touch again.
Oh I'm a pro at the good doctor's report means I can drink routine!
Old 09-18-2015, 08:14 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Dee, I've considered it. I know I should. But it's hard. Yes, he's definitely a huge trigger for me. I don't think I've ever been successfully sober while he's in my life. I'm better without him
What you describe here, and your words about him making you feel desperate, anxious and not enough? Describes exactly how I i feel about my exbf.....to a tee. And I know I could never be sober with him. All I can do is keep that front and center.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:21 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

I thought it was very sweet
Old 09-18-2015, 08:25 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Holy carp what IS that? Zen that picture has scarred me for life
Old 09-18-2015, 08:28 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rar View Post
I DID watch Breaking Bad and loved it. Hubby did too. I thought Better Call Saul would be good as well, but I was disappointed.
Oh ok. Well poop. I loved Sauls character....
Old 09-18-2015, 08:40 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Friday....done and dusted

Well laying in bed...eyes are starting to get heavy.

A good day overall. But man I was doing the alcoholic shuffle big time. I could drink, should I drink, why not drink....and every time I would just be amazed at my thinking. I'm not craving. It's the obsession just knocking around. It's almost like I'm testing myself, or torturing myself because I don't want to drink. It's almost like my addiction is trying all kinds of tactics. Take this, take that. So weird.

So I went to see San Andreas (I liked it). Had to walk right past one of my liquor stores....just kept walking and got frozen yogurt. I never eat that kind of stuff but desperate times required desperate measures. Then home. Watched Dextor. Ate Oreos (WHAT? Again desperation) and now sleep time. But I made it. Daughter comes back home tomorrow. I'm going to make a lot more late afternoon and evening plans next week. I hope this obsession dies down soon!
Old 09-18-2015, 10:57 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

I almost just caved.

I had to take my girl out for a drive in the rain as we hadn't been out at all today. My usual stop would have been the bottle shop. My mouth started watering just thinking about the bloody taste of it. I was already figuring out how to word my post in here about relapsing. I just wanted it so so MUCH!

But I thought about my kids. I thought about my own alcoholic parents and how I want better for my children. I am stronger than this!!

So I quickly went to a drivethru coffee place and bought us hot chocolates. Just having something else to drink, some other taste in my mouth, it helped as we drove home.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:06 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  
Administrator

great decision SD

D
Old 09-18-2015, 11:14 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  
HCE

Made it! Day one! Class of Sept 2015