Notices

App Recommendation for Relaxation/Meditation

Old 09-12-2015, 08:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

App Recommendation for Relaxation/Meditation

Hi, everyone:

I have some stress right now at work and would really love to find a relaxation or meditation app that I could use to calm myself down. I'm thinking something shortish (10 minutes even) that I could listen to before a stressful meeting or beginning work on a stressful project (therefore, not something intended to help me sleep).

Also would love to hear your recommendations for longer meditation and relaxation apps to use at home.

Thank you in advance
Old 09-12-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Youtube is where I get mine. I use them for sleep but I'm sure you can find all kinds on there.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Try this guided meditation ...
Click the link and go to ... Juanita U - A Guided Meditation - from Steps 10 & 11
Stories of Recovery

or copy and paste in your browser ...
storiesofrecovery.org/OtherTalks.htm

I prefer 'quiet mind' type meditation, and stay away from Eastern Mysticism. In my recovery, I am doing well, being in a good relation and perspective with my Creator, and trying to become 'One' with 'God' does not line up for me.

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE ... and meditation is important for me to stay FREE
Old 09-12-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

I use youtube for mindfulness & other meditations

I'm trying to use mindfulness in all aspects of my life so far I find focusing on my breath really helps

I'm just a newbie at meditation though
Old 09-12-2015, 04:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
now's the time

For sleeping, I have a friend who swears by "delta waves" (just using that as a search term I guess quite a few pop up). Never tried it myself.

Prior to a meeting, I recommend belly breathing for five to ten minutes... In through your nose to the count of eight, hold with diaphragm expanded to the count of eight, then exhale slowly through the mouth, and so on. The expansion of the diaphragm cues certain nerves; I can't recall where I read about this but it's been used for many years in many cultures. I sneak off into a quiet room, shut my eyes and do that for about 5 minutes and it really, really helps.