Notices

46 Days

Old 09-11-2015, 08:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

46 Days

Wow, I finally got one to go thru!!

Had a pretty normal day. Although, I tossed and turned last night and didn't get much rest, I functioned pretty well. I find my thoughts turning to pills often. Not a serious craving but I sometimes feel like I'm missing out. One embarrassing thing is that we have a pharmacy in our store and every customer that I see walking out with a bag of stuff, I wonder what they have and I'm jealous.

But I'm doing that less and less. Tonight is my last little piece of Ativan, just 0.5 mg. and I'm on my own. I'm trying not to worry cuz I know that will just make it worse.

Still reading my Rational Recovery every night and I look on here every chance I get. I still haven't found the energy to pursue a hobby that will hold my interest for long. My husband has been canning, cooking, cleaning and doing projects in and outside the house like crazy but I'm not interested in any of it. It seems like all I can really do is work, partly because my job is structured I guess.

Is this normal or does anyone have a guess as to how long before I might be interested in anything?? LOL!!
Old 09-11-2015, 09:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it varies Peanut.
Hopefully you'll find more drive and more energy soon

D
Old 09-11-2015, 09:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi Peanut, the lack of interest thing might be depression or just that your brain is fully occupied with living life sober. See how it goes, but keep alert for anything that could lead to a relapse.

You're doing really well so congratulate yourself. Remember that this wasn't forced on you; you made a strong rational choice of your own and that counts for a lot.
Old 09-12-2015, 05:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Peanut
Old 09-12-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on day 46. Maybe if you go ahead and start some new hobby/interest despite your current lack of enthusiasm, the energy you want will follow.