Notices

Strugglimg tonight

Old 09-12-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by Jack16 View Post
Thank you Meraviglioso, really appreciate your response - wise words.

Yeah, I watched Six Feet Under years ago, but I never got to the end of it, so thanks I'll revisit it. Do you know it's just what I'm in the mood for.
I looked the series up today, under your recommendation Meraviglioso. It sounds really interesting and something that will occupy me during the lonely evenings. I get several seasons free with Amazon Prime. Hope I can get all of them. I'm looking forward to it and will probably start tonight. Thanks.

Re making friends: Yeah, I hear you. I'm 65, retired and miss the daily contact of others - even if it is a colleague.

Incidentally, Zeppo - I like motorcycles too. Got my motorcycle license when I was 62. LOL

Sorry Jack - , I lost tract of the original OP (Jack). I began to think it was Zeppo. My apologies.
Old 09-12-2015, 01:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zeppodog View Post
I have found it really hard to make any real friends as I've gotten older, I'm 63, some old friends died, a couple moved too far away and I moved, the few I have left I call sometimes or chat on Facebook. We've been this area for 6 years and I've only made a few acquainteses. but not friends. Ya it's hard, don't consider someone a friend unless I've known them for years, a lot of my old riding buddies sold their bikes so just don't see them, if it weren't for my wife and kids I'd be lonely as hell.
I've heard people say that age shouldn't make any difference when it comes to making friends, but it does. Most people our age are pretty much set. They have their lifetime friends and family with maybe even grandkids. Their usually not interested in getting to know anybody new. That's just the way it is. I've been to several young people's meetings and they are very different. Their much livelier and everybody is running around talking to each other. Pretty cool. John
Old 09-12-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you got through that Jack

D
Old 09-12-2015, 07:07 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Zeppodog, I hope that your evening goes well and you consider it a blessing.
And you too Jack16.