SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   the shakes (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/375378-shakes.html)

zeppodog 09-11-2015 08:38 AM

the shakes

Well just started the first day again, I don't know got into me, we had company who brought a couple large wine bottles and I got started and didn't stop,, I was blacked out for a few days and this morning I'm so shaky and sick. Don't know why I'm posting this, don't want advice just felt I needed to post.

NestWasEmpty 09-11-2015 08:44 AM

zep Right just putting it out there knowing you tripped up , tends to help with the journey ...

zeppodog 09-11-2015 08:51 AM

I've sworn that too and then after a time I'll do it again, lucky I didn't die, I put away a lot of booze, my thought I was dead at one point, I feel like I'm dying now. this is the worst withdrawals I've had.

ScottFromWI 09-11-2015 08:54 AM

They do seem to get worse and worse every time, please be safe and seek medical attention if they get too bad.

PennyLane76 09-11-2015 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by zeppodog (Post 5552583)
I've sworn that too and then after a time I'll do it again, lucky I didn't die, I put away a lot of booze, my thought I was dead at one point, I feel like I'm dying now. this is the worst withdrawals I've had.

Please go to your physician, all I can say is I wish I had done a medical detox. Day 2 and 3 worse for me. Please be careful and keep us posted.

CaseyW 09-11-2015 09:01 AM

Glad you're back, zeppo. We're here for you 24/7. You're in my thoughts and prayers...

aasharon90 09-11-2015 09:15 AM

Poison running rapid thru our own
bodies can definitely make us sick
if not close to death.

I had to take suggestions from many
who learned to remain sober or clean
very seriously as my life depended on
it. I had to learn about my addiction
and incorporate a program of recovery
In my everyday life as my life depends
on it.

I accepted my addiction. Admitted my
addiction and needed help. I had to believe
that anything other than my own will
would help me remain sober one day
at a time.

If they suggested to stay away from
alcohol and those associated with it,
then I did. No and ifs or buts about it.

If they told me to get rid of alcohol
in my home, my family did it for me
while I was in rehab because I surely
wouldn't have been able to do it alone.

If they told me to bring the body to
meetings and the mind would eventually
follow, meaning I would eventually
learn and understand this program
of recovery to live and incorporate
in my everyday life then I did it.

Alcohol, drugs, control substances
can and will kill. Its poison. Poison
paralyzing every inch of a human
body. Poison eating away our insides
just like acid or like some fleshing
eating parasite.

I put my will and life into the hands
of others to help me, guide me, each
day I remain sober.

I REFUSE each day to become a victim
of this poisonous substance.

hpdw 09-11-2015 09:22 AM

I hope you find peace soon zeppodog , I know how you feel .
My last withdrawal was also the worst ever , see your doc if its too severe I know I needed diazepam .

Soberwolf 09-11-2015 09:34 AM

What Scott said

Rar 09-11-2015 09:48 AM

I'm sorry you're feeling so awful! As the others have said, perhaps a doctor can help with this withdrawal. I'll be thinking of you.

zeppodog 09-11-2015 09:58 AM

Thanks everyone, this is a small town, I wouldn't want anyone to know I had to go to detox. The shakes are easing up, going to try to get some exercise, all I've done all week is drink. Trying to replenish my body with vitamins and Gatorade and lots of water, I've never drank that many days in a row.

ScottFromWI 09-11-2015 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by zeppodog (Post 5552660)
Thanks everyone, this is a small town, I wouldn't want anyone to know I had to go to detox.

I don't think anyone was suggesting you check into detox, but do be aware that there can be dangers to withdrawal and that each time you return to drinking and then withdraw it can be progressively worse. AKA - you might have symptoms you've never had before out of the blue. Just be careful!

Also, regarding your comment above.... my guess is that if you were blacked out "for a few days" with company over that the news of that has travelled around your small town too. I also personally though my drinking was a secret to me and me only, but most people knew. Don't let the fear of being "outed" keep you from seeking help. Most likely people know about your problem already anyway, and medical visits between you and a doctor are completely confidential.

SoberLeigh 09-11-2015 10:47 AM

Hope that the withdrawals ease soon, zeppodog.

Please be careful.

PennyLane76 09-11-2015 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by zeppodog (Post 5552660)
Thanks everyone, this is a small town, I wouldn't want anyone to know I had to go to detox. The shakes are easing up, going to try to get some exercise, all I've done all week is drink. Trying to replenish my body with vitamins and Gatorade and lots of water, I've never drank that many days in a row.

By medical detox I meant physician guided at home detox, your regular physician can help.

PurpleKnight 09-11-2015 11:29 AM

Hang in there Zeppo, plenty of rest, nutrition and fluids won't go amiss!! :)

zeppodog 09-11-2015 12:27 PM

My wife picking up an Ativan prescription from my doctor, that will be a big help, just have to survive till she gets of work.

BringingBackB 09-11-2015 12:31 PM

Focus on looking after yourself fo now zeppo.

I found hot baths helped me through withdrawals, particularly with the constant itching. Going for walks helped clear my head ever so slightly as well.

It's brutal but the fog does lift, as you know.

Please see the doc if you start to feel worse. They can give you stuff to help you detox at home if they think it's required. I was on diazepam through my last detox. It was the worst I've had by far and I'd probably have either drank or gone insane without it through the first few days.

Edit - Just saw you got an AtIvan script. That should help you out.

Take care
B

zeppodog 09-11-2015 01:00 PM

My wife is picking an Ativan prescription from my doctor on her way home from work, just tough it out till then.

ccam1973 09-11-2015 01:18 PM

Hang in there Z. Get some rest if you can and good call on the re-hydration. We are here if you need us.

VikingGF 09-11-2015 03:42 PM

Hey, zeppodog. Just sending some support your way.