Notices

Fatigued ...

Old 09-10-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fatigued ...

Hello all,

I have tried to post a few threads in the last two days but they never went through ... Long story short, I fell way off the wagon and I am just coming to the realization that maybe I was never firmly on it in the first place. Anyway, I really spiraled down but I have such a different type of commitment now. I am on day 2 and there is no way I can go back to drinking.

I feel seriously fatigued, like I have never felt this tired. Also my head is really fuzzy and foggy ...

Hoping the fatigue goes away soon, makes me worried. It is like a different level of tiredness.

I am going to post more frequently, if the site lets me. Still read the community's posts frequently and they are a help.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Drinking is very hard on our bodies and depending on how you're going about it, recovery itself can be exhausting. Make sure you're getting enough sleep and eating well. If it doesn't go away or you're concerned, maybe talk to your doctor about it.

If you're having other withdrawal symptoms, then for sure see your doctor. It's not safe to detox on your own if you've been drinking heavily.

Stay close and keep posting.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fatigue's normal. But after a while it gets a lot better.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad you are back Thanos, and that feeling should subside once you get some sober days under your belt. Each return to drinking for me ended in worse and worse withdrawals, I hope this can be your last too.

Regarding the posting issue, there has been a problem with the site software and posting new threads. The temporary solution is to just use a one-word title. You can then go back and edit the title if you wish, but for some reason multi-word titles get blocked occasionally.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm just glad you made it back

If you havnt got a plan then I suggest reading the sticky thread at the top of newcomers section and building a plan

Glad your back
Old 09-10-2015, 12:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Eww - yes. I remember the washing-machine head and feeling very out-of -sorts. Tired but not sleeping well, etc. It will pass, but like others say, go to get checked over at the doctors (or even A&E) if you feel very poorly.

Healthy food and plenty of fluids will help (even if you don't feel hungry). People say about keeping sugar levels up, and I ate loads of biscuits and sweets, which I don't think helped my moods as I was up (sugar-high) and down (crash) like a yoyo. If I was doing it again I'd try to go for less processed sugars to avoid that, and keep my moods on more of a level. (Bananas and other whole fruit).

Take care and keep checking in.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agree with everyone on the eating and sleeping stuff. Any kind of self-care is good, really. You probably got out of the habit when you were drinking.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! I am going to see about getting something to eat and trying to leave work and go to bed early ... if that's possible. I went to an AA meeting yesterday and it was helpful to see other people in real life who had been here too. But I didn't talk or meet anyone and left after the circle-hand-clasping bit. I am not sure if AA is for me but I know I have to do something concrete towards recovery every day ... since AA is the most readily available option I will go there with an open mind until I can find a better fit. I like AVRT better but I don't think I can depend on myself.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
... I didn't talk or meet anyone and left after the circle-hand-clasping bit....
Glad you made it to your first meeting - it'll be easier the next time. Must admit your description of the experience made me chuckle. It reminded me of an Earl Hightower AA speaker recording I heard where he describes his first meeting, where it's all a bit bewildering and strange. I think I cried through most of my first meeting so it's a bit of a blur. Love em now though - and have met some great new friends there who I sometimes meet with outside meetings as well.

This is the one... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsFlOZvzdDo
Old 09-10-2015, 03:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Each time I quit it got worse and worse in terms of withdrawals!!

But the body will eventually adjust and repair, hang in there Thanos!!
Old 09-10-2015, 08:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Thanos

I think AA is probably worth another go - but, if not AA, there are many other meeting based groups

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...formation.html

D