Notices

Rollercoaster 😶

Old 09-09-2015, 04:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rollercoaster 😶

Its sad to say this is the longest in a long time ive been sober, going on 9 days but im also glad to say "hey Im 9 days sober!" I went through three horrible days/nights getting over a binge drinking escapade. Yesterday I had a great day and woke up and saying outloud "wooo 9 days, feels good with no hangover" (I do that every morning to boost confidence too) But oh my goodness 😪 I started feeling so nauseated and horrible headache like my brain is swollen and almost like im getting a bad flu, so tired (doesnt help having two bad cavities I have no $ or insurance to handle with right now) my face hurts from the head ache. Like I am going through withdrawal again. I read its normal and it could last weeks of the ups and downs, even months depending on how long dependacy was. I have things to do today, errands, my grocery shopping. Im stressed about a lot of things but im trying to dealing with them. The true me has been wanting to quit for so long and I will not give in but I wish my mental and physical parts of me would catch up and let me live my life and at least go on with my day by day necessities. I have a 6 year old (shes NEVER seen me intoxicated or with withdrawal, long story of her living with my mother for now) I mention that because if youre a mother it feels almost like that when youre very pregnant.lol and then some . UGH truly a battle. Unexpectedly could be having a decent day and then BOOM! I dont even want to get out of my apt with the sudden anxiety too and irritable, just so sick and emotional, I can see it on my face when i randomly catch myself in my mirrors. Well I am going to put my sunglasses on and my headphones to help me get it together and do what i need to do. Im climbing this hill today even if I have to crawl it and throw up and throw rocks along the way.
Heres to another day everyone.
Much love 💚💜💙
Old 09-09-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi lucky! Congrats on Day 9! I know there are a myriad of withdrawal symptoms that occur during early days, but they will pass. Day 9 is still early, you are doing great. Lots of resources here and people going through what you are, it helps to post and connect.

Glad you found SR!
Old 09-09-2015, 07:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR and congratulations on 9 days sober. That's great. The stress and physical withdrawal symptoms ease so hang in there.

Why not call around to dentists to see if someone does payment plans? Many dentists will work with you if you pay something up front and then make regular payments. Calling and finding someone who can see you soon will save you a lot of agony in the end. You can also call social service agencies and find out if there are some low cost dental clinics in your area. Nothing is worse than tooth pain and the fear of not being able to afford fixing them. But there are options. You just may have to dig.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
aka Nesty

LadyLuck Your doing Great with hanging in there with aching teeth on top of it all !! Congrats on day 9 Yes the with drawls are Nasty , but the benefits of sobriety are well worth it Welcome , I missed your join post
Old 09-10-2015, 08:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome LadyLuck congrats on day 9 youl find tons of support here
Old 09-10-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum LadyLuck!! Day 9 is fantastic!!
Old 09-10-2015, 11:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Lady luck
Hang in there. I just try to eat really healthy and stay hydrated. Maybe try a multivit. You could be low in electrolytes as well....I use a product called nuum (whole foods) that is great. I do hot yoga, even a few days after a bender, and what you're describing sounds like low electrolytes. It helps me tremendously. Its all natural so no harm in trying it. Eat stuff high in potassium like bananas. Sleep sleep sleep. You're doing great.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I wanna congratulate you on the awsome attitude and energy your last sentence has, about climbing the hill with any means possible, don't give up that hill is your goal , and presto - its day 10 wooo hoo!
Old 09-10-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Re-Member

How are you doing today, LadyLuck333?