Notices

onmyown

Old 09-09-2015, 09:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

onmyown

im trying to stay sober. i manage all week to workout and not drink. weekend comes and all my friends are drinkers that want me to meet for breakfast, mimosas, or dinner and wine. my boyfriend is a big drinker. if i chose sobriety i also choice loneliness and that is the saddest feeling for me. i wish i had a husband, a commitment with someone who wont leave me once i become sober. i know once i am sober it will cause (more) problems with my boyfriend because loves to meet friends at the bars. i am sick of sitting in bars all weekend, then me and boyfriend drink too much and end up fighting because i am mad at him for only bringing me to bars and not suggesting other things to do. i know that is stupid of me maybe its a good thing im not married to another drinker, or living together even. i dont know. im sad and i dont know how not to be sad.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by back2thegoodME View Post
if i chose sobriety i also choice loneliness and that is the saddest feeling for me.
Sobriety is not a punishment, but you can view it that way, and you can choose loneliness [emphasis on you choosing it]. Or you can choose to embrace sobriety and all the new realms that open up to you.

Your current situation doesn't seem to support the sober lifestyle. As scary as leaving that life behind may seem, is it really scarier than the alcohol-fueled misery that brought you to SR in the first place?
Old 09-09-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I had to leave a lot of people behind. There are other people with whom to spend time - people who don't define their lives by mimosas and wine and bars. It's worth making that choice. I am much happier and healthier without all that drama.

I am very glad I divorced my alcoholic, drug using husband 25 years ago. My life would have turned out much differently - and not in a good way, I don't think.