Notices

have a safe labor day weekend!

Old 09-03-2004, 04:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

have a safe labor day weekend!

this weekend im just waiting for that opportunity to refuse a beer or blow off a tweaker. i have a feeling this will be a great holiday weekend, but i want to go into this weekend prepared. compared to last labor day weekend ( i was clean and sober then too ), i am much more active with social stuff. i can remember holidays that were just another reason to get even more messed up, and it seems like every holiday i feel more and more like a stranger in my own skin. i even look back on five years ago at a 4th july party drinking beers with the kid's whose party it was' dad. i dont know why i have chosen not to drink or use this weekend, but i am glad for it. i know it will be a healthy and wise decision. for me and everyone else! i am coming up on 2 yrs soon and im very stoked about this weekend.

BE SAFE!!!
Old 09-03-2004, 04:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks longboarder, I will remain safe this weekend. I have sober plans. My daughter has invited a friend to stay the night tonight. 12 year old girl banter...hmmm??? I will remain safe, but my sanity will be tested. I'm more concerned for their safety. :kidding: The girls will remain safe as I will stick close to the PC and stay out of their hair. My plan is to feed them lots of junk food. That should keep them happy. Stay safe as well and good job on your two years of sobriety coming up. Enjoy...

Talia
Old 09-03-2004, 09:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Platinum Member

((((Hi Longboarder))))
((((Hi Talia)))))
I hope you guys have a great labor day weekend too. Longboarder; good for you on your almost 2 years of soberity! That is great! Stay cool this weekend! ((hugs))
Talia; I hope you have a good time with your girls this weekend!
Love you all ((((A-Z))))) Bonni
Old 09-03-2004, 09:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

Have fun, I'll try to behave! *hugs*