Notices

Hello and a question or two

Old 09-10-2015, 04:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the wisdom and warm welcomes.

No drinking still-it's been 12 days (I messed up in my first post, it was already 9). I am feeling good but am facing my first "real" challenges this weekend in the form of socializing in a group.

I am playing a few mind games with myself--I am going on a long vacation from September 18 until the end of the month which will be very active. Too active to do much drinking at all but I am resisting saying NONE. This is obviously pretty telling.

I am definitely planning on joining the class of October 2015, however. It is clear to me that drinking significantly less (and probably not at all) is best for me. I am 98% of the way there to full-stop quitting but that 2% is niggling at me.

I want to commit to 90 days (October 1-the end of the year) and see what it is like getting through the holidays sober. I have a LOT of work and travel in those months and I think it will be a really good test for me.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

One thing I am realizing is that I have a bit of an on-off switch pattern--I can be really focused on my health (I do lots of yoga and meditation, and eat well, and do stuff to support my mental/spiritual health) but then give me one beautiful day and I want nothing more than to park my ass at a place with outdoor seating and drink beer all day. I love to say, "Eff it!" and take the day off, so to speak, from being "good." it's this rebellious internal teenager and I am not sure how to give her the freedom/wildness she wants without drinking.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beeme View Post
One thing I am realizing is that I have a bit of an on-off switch pattern--I can be really focused on my health (I do lots of yoga and meditation, and eat well, and do stuff to support my mental/spiritual health) but then give me one beautiful day and I want nothing more than to park my ass at a place with outdoor seating and drink beer all day. I love to say, "Eff it!" and take the day off, so to speak, from being "good." it's this rebellious internal teenager and I am not sure how to give her the freedom/wildness she want without drinking.
I do this too, but I really want to stop and create a new lifestyle for myself