Notices

treat for sobriety

Old 09-07-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking treat for sobriety

Anyone have a trigger day like me that really sucks? Mine is Thursday. I reward myself for being such a good little worker bee with a big gnarly hangover on Friday. Woot!
So on this road to recovery I thought I would start having a special something on Thursday on the way home that I would not normally allow. Like a special coffee or candy or some flowers. Anyone be interested in chatting here every Thursday about what our big triggers were over the week and how we are rewarding ourselves?
Old 09-07-2015, 02:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

This could work for me because I'm closing my business on fridays because I often work weekends and fri is the only day I don't have school, so I was thinking this week is going to be the start of the new schedule.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Kelly, I like this idea. At 7 weeks I'm working on cutting back my daily one or two coca cola's to a more acceptable weekly occurrence. I'm sure this thread could help me with that goal :-) Thanks for posting!
Old 09-07-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm at 9 months now and I'm saving quite a bit of money not buying alcohol so that opened a whole new world. I've been updating the decor in my house little by little. Bought a new comforter and pillows for my bed. I get fresh cut flowers at least once a week and put them on the nightstand next to my bed because I love waking up to fresh flowers. I can spend more on food so I've been cooking more and trying new things which is fun. I also got a gym membership at a place with a sauna room that I can use anytime. This comes in handy after really stressful days or weeks. And I still have money left over that would have otherwise been spent on alcohol. Woohoo!
Old 09-07-2015, 06:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawk07 View Post
I'm at 9 months now and I'm saving quite a bit of money not buying alcohol so that opened a whole new world. I've been updating the decor in my house little by little. Bought a new comforter and pillows for my bed. I get fresh cut flowers at least once a week and put them on the nightstand next to my bed because I love waking up to fresh flowers. I can spend more on food so I've been cooking more and trying new things which is fun. I also got a gym membership at a place with a sauna room that I can use anytime. This comes in handy after really stressful days or weeks. And I still have money left over that would have otherwise been spent on alcohol. Woohoo!

Good girl,!!!! That is awesome!!!

While I was drunk on a binder this Thursday and Friday I insisted 2 different people fly down for the weekend to help me look at wedding dresses and I INSISTED I buy the tickets, which I did.. Friday I decided A nice bar tab would be perfect to compliment that then another $100 on some cocaine, cause in my drunkeness I thought that sounded just wonderful. So my drinking cost me over $600 this weekend.. Hooray. Not.
Could have got my mother in law tires for her car like my fiancé and I been promising. Sure glad I got drunk.
So a nice coffee or flowers on a Thursday - yeah, much cheaper.
My drinking makes me do a lot of things I regret.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jsbodhi View Post
This could work for me because I'm closing my business on fridays because I often work weekends and fri is the only day I don't have school, so I was thinking this week is going to be the start of the new schedule.
What do you think your special treat will be?!?
Old 09-07-2015, 06:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Upwardspiral View Post
Hi Kelly, I like this idea. At 7 weeks I'm working on cutting back my daily one or two coca cola's to a more acceptable weekly occurrence. I'm sure this thread could help me with that goal :-) Thanks for posting!
That sounds perfect. A big giant soda on that special day as a reward!
Old 09-07-2015, 07:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh, that was an expensive night! Hopefully, lesson learned.
Thursday night treats are a great idea - good way to start the weekend.
I buy flowers every week, too :-)
Old 09-07-2015, 07:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Hang on!

Steaks instead of hamburger.

Still cheaper than booze.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I feel ya Kelly. I have a pretty low income and was often spending a quarter of it on booze. I've been holding myself back for so long, financially, physically, spiritually...I've already seen the savings in money but more importantly I'm starting to overcome that fear of facing up to life, to my future, to the challenge of developing my full potential. You can do it too!!
Old 09-08-2015, 04:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

On Thursday Weasel posts the weekender thread and everyone shares & talks in there look for it every Thursday in newcomers
Old 09-08-2015, 04:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

This is a great idea! I'm on day 15 today, and while I haven't felt much temptation yet, a couple weeks is typically when I start to get complacent, and relapse at 20-30 days. I'm going to brainstorm on a treat for 30 days Nothing major, just something special....maybe a facial or massage.
Good luck Kelly!
Old 09-08-2015, 07:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2WheelsGood View Post
Steaks instead of hamburger.

Still cheaper than booze.
Nice one!!!!
Old 09-08-2015, 08:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittycat3 View Post
This is a great idea! I'm on day 15 today, and while I haven't felt much temptation yet, a couple weeks is typically when I start to get complacent, and relapse at 20-30 days. I'm going to brainstorm on a treat for 30 days Nothing major, just something special....maybe a facial or massage.
Good luck Kelly!
This is truly how I usually get also. 2 weeks, sur I can do it. 3 or 4 and I start getting that itch. This last time for me I made it to 6 weeks, through my birthday and a music festival. I thought I'd proved something to myself and my treat should be happy hour with the girls and then I'd get right back to it.
4 weeks later I wasn't back to sobriety
I honestly can't wait til I'm at just 10 days right now.
Anything to get away from the fatigue and depression my body is feeling.
I hope you get yourself something really special for 30 days. Not expensive, but special. 30 days is awesome!!! You go girl!!!!
P.s. A facial or massage sounds friggin awesome!!!!!
Old 09-08-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
On Thursday Weasel posts the weekender thread and everyone shares & talks in there look for it every Thursday in newcomers
Great, I will!!!!