Notices

double edge sword

Old 09-06-2015, 01:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

double edge sword

I am sitting here thinking about going to the shop for alcohol and the reason is because my liver is killing me.

No point going to doctors as my blood tests came back fine for the first time in ages.

It's definitely the liver feels like swelling up to the rib cage. I know we can't give medical advise but did anyone else have this before they quit?

Also who in there right mind would think drinking would help. Absolutely stupid but only thing which might take my fear/aniexty away.
Old 09-06-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Can you go for a walk or clean your house? Distract yourself? What is drinking really going to accomplish? Do you think it is going to help your liver to drink?
Old 09-06-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Originally Posted by Nowsthetime View Post
Can you go for a walk or clean your house? Distract yourself? What is drinking really going to accomplish? Do you think it is going to help your liver to drink?
I am out a walk the now, it won't help my liver but make me stop worrying about my liver failing but your right I won't be drinking tonight
Old 09-06-2015, 01:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds like the same location and pain of my gallstone before it passed. Just a thought, but the alcohol won't make the pain better, it will make your whole body ache as it exits.
Old 09-06-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Originally Posted by Confusedchick View Post
Sounds like the same location and pain of my gallstone before it passed. Just a thought, but the alcohol won't make the pain better, it will make your whole body ache as it exits.
Hey confused chick.

You could be right had two liver scans last year.... just feeling down with the pain and sorry for myself. I won't be drinking tonight, I need to snap out this and convince myself if I stop it will get better.
Old 09-06-2015, 02:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

The best thing you can do for yourself is to stop drinking.
Old 09-06-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
The best thing you can do for yourself is to stop drinking.
Your right I have missed the shop for drink now and surprisingly the cravings have calmed down.

Tomorrow I can't drink as I go for a scope on Tuesday morning. I can't drink Tuesday as I start my new job on friday.

I know it sounds all so easy and it won't but I guess it is nearly a plan.