Notices

day 3 crunch day

Old 09-05-2015, 03:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

day 3 crunch day

Hi all,

The morning of day 3! I am not sure which will be harder day 3 when the feeling of accomplishment is wearing of and cravings return, or subd6ay which is normally my full day of drinking.

I know today will be hard as will tomorrow I just need to knuckle down and get on with it.

How is everyone?

Last edited by tambdy; 09-05-2015 at 03:19 AM. Reason: would not post
Old 09-05-2015, 04:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi , it's great to post Day 3 is the pits but it's only a few hours till it's over. Do whatever you need to do to stay sober and be kind to yourself.
Old 09-05-2015, 04:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes today Tambdy - congrats on day 3

D
Old 09-05-2015, 04:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done Tambdy.... Yeah day 3 can be a bit of a bummer... For some stupid reason my day 3 was always at the weekend!! that's the trouble with drink, you lose all track of time & days... I did manage to conquer it by just keeping busy!1 Go out for a walk, go in to town, spring/autumn clean.. The cravings only last for 5 or so minutes & just keep reminding yourself, it will pass... Day 1 & 3 are pants but as soon as you get past them, you won't look back!! Keep up the good work!!
Old 09-05-2015, 04:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast View Post
Hi , it's great to post Day 3 is the pits but it's only a few hours till it's over. Do whatever you need to do to stay sober and be kind to yourself.
I wish busy only 12.30pm here but am out buying some new work cloths to cheers myself up
Old 09-05-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Best wishes today Tambdy - congrats on day 3

D
Thanks buddy, will be happier when it's over.
Old 09-05-2015, 04:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Originally Posted by jezza View Post
Well done Tambdy.... Yeah day 3 can be a bit of a bummer... For some stupid reason my day 3 was always at the weekend!! that's the trouble with drink, you lose all track of time & days... I did manage to conquer it by just keeping busy!1 Go out for a walk, go in to town, spring/autumn clean.. The cravings only last for 5 or so minutes & just keep reminding yourself, it will pass... Day 1 & 3 are pants but as soon as you get past them, you won't look back!! Keep up the good work!!
Thanks mate.

Am out buying cloths then will go a walk and hit the gym tonight and tomorrow will be the big chalange.
Old 09-05-2015, 05:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Day 3 is great. I always found it a bit of a hurdle to get through. Maybe it has to do with our bodies really being completely free of alcohol?
Old 09-05-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Day 3 is great. I always found it a bit of a hurdle to get through. Maybe it has to do with our bodies really being completely free of alcohol?
Hi Anna

You could be right my kidneys are surely calling out for alcohol. The bloody pain lol
Old 09-05-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You can do this. Play the tape forward if you think of drinking. If you think day three is bad, remember day 1?
Old 09-05-2015, 05:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Tambdy, I can relate. Yesterday was my birthday and Saturday's were my all day drinking session...and its now football season. I keep the AV locked in its cage, and try and forget where I put the key. Because if I even open the door a crack, it will blow it wide open. Stay strong. It will pass.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 View Post
You can do this. Play the tape forward if you think of drinking. If you think day three is bad, remember day 1?
I thought day 1 and 2 personally were ok. Those were the days I remembered why I was doing it by day 3 you start saying "you have done well" you can have one lol

So far so good I don't plan on going back the way.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
recoverystarter

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Hi Tambdy, I can relate. Yesterday was my birthday and Saturday's were my all day drinking session...and its now football season. I keep the AV locked in its cage, and try and forget where I put the key. Because if I even open the door a crack, it will blow it wide open. Stay strong. It will pass.
Thanks Thomas well done on not drinking on your birthday, I know it must have been hard.

How long are you sober now?
Old 09-05-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 3!! Keep pushing through Tambdy!!