Notices

what part of dont you get im calling the news

Old 09-03-2015, 01:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what part of dont you get im calling the news

you think im joking im not you don't know me I am now you will have to deal with it my god dam account,,, you think its a joke its my privacy now deal with it
Old 09-03-2015, 01:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm just gonna take a stab in the dark here:

Are you talking about the SR newsletter? You should have received several of those by now.

There were several threads about it - including this one.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ding-week.html

I'm sorry if thats the problem and you missed all the discussion.

You can unsubscribe at any time.

If it's something else, I can't help you any more than I already have by forwarding your first thread onto admin and the owners.

Do you understand that? Noone pays me anything.
I don't deserve to be abused.

I understand you are upset over something but what you cannot do is break the rules of this forum.

Keep things civil, OK?

D
Old 09-03-2015, 01:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

http://mail.google.com/

Sign up for a free dummy account, change your SR account e-mail to it. Problem solved. When you get PMs and what not, those notifications will go to your ***** account, not your standard AOL account.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

If anyone is receiving any kind of email communication from SR and does not want to, click 'unsubscribe from all'.

I've personally asked the owners to weigh in on this, but it's 1.31 in the morning on the west coast..

D
Old 09-03-2015, 07:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks D you do a great job here
Old 09-03-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello,

If you do not wish to receive the monthly newsletter, please unsubscribe from it by clicking "unsubscribe" at the bottom of the newsletter. This will permanently remove your email from the list so you never receive it again.

If you are concerned about email notifications from the forum, you can manage your email preferences in your profile.

Those are the only types of email contact SR currently sends. If you have questions about this, please give us more detail on the nature of the email that you received and we can try to help you.

Thanks,
Emily430, Community Manager
Old 09-03-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I generally try to avoid any type of confrontation or involvement in disputes or issues that do not personally affect me, but I feel the need to speak up this time.

First and foremost I wish to speak up in support of the mods and the administrators or the forum. Without this place to turn to so many of us, myself included, would be much worse off. Thank you Anna, Dee and the community greeters, administrators and numerous members who volunteer their time to keep this place running smoothly.

One thing we all learn in recovery is personal responsibility. I sympathize completely with you exwell66. This recovery sh*t is hard enough on it's own without having to deal with family and privacy issues in the mix. That said, it is als pretty common for websites where one must register to send out emails or notifications. It is also common that the user is responsible for navigating the various options in the back office in terms of what sort of notifications one would like and would expect to receive or not receive.

Again, and this in sincere, I am so sorry that your lack of managing these options resulted in a tense and unwanted situation for you. Truly, I am sorry. But as not only recovering addicts, but also as adult members of society, we must take responsibility for our own actions, even those that result in undesirable outcomes. To blame others would be irresponsible and frankly, downright wrong.

I hope you are able to overcome this difficult and uncomfortable situation. You didn't ask for advice on how to handle it, so I won't offer it, however, I am sure there are members here who have ben in a similar situation and would advise you honestly, earnestly and fairly should you decide to ask.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Mera, excellent post! Although I understand that the OP was upset, anytime we use the Internet we are risking our information being compromised. I agree with previous poster about setting up a separate email account if that will make someone feel better. For me, the many, many benefits of SR far exceed the possible risks. I also think that the mods do an amazing job.

In addition, I also believe that it's high time to work on the issue of stigma and addiction. I do understand that job situations can be challenging but I doubt that anyone in active addiction can fool everyone.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

there were notices WELL in advance of the newsletter on EVERY forum here, along with instructions on how to NOT receive them. it isn't a conspiracy and it is easy to UNSUBSCRIBE. if you are worried about what might show up on WORK email don't use work email for anything besides work. it's really that simple.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you to the mods for being here for us
Xoxo
Old 09-03-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
there were notices WELL in advance of the newsletter on EVERY forum here, along with instructions on how to NOT receive them. it isn't a conspiracy and it is easy to UNSUBSCRIBE. if you are worried about what might show up on WORK email don't use work email for anything besides work. it's really that simple.
Hallelujah
Old 09-03-2015, 09:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Nothing more to add other than to thank all of the mods, administrators, community greeters and all others who make this community possible.

You do a great job!

I do have to say that it seems pretty logical that if you don't want certain emails showing up in private or secure accounts, don't tie that address to your account. Set up a separate email account somewhere else... A dummy account like Troy said, problem solved.

Thanks again to all of the mods.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:10 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Formerly Ringthedoorbell

I too want to express my appreciation to all the Moderators, Administrators, etc.
They have a a difficult, and I am sure, sometimes very trying job.
Thank you Dee and Anna for always being there for all of us.
SR has made such a difference in my life, and I am truly sorry if is not the " right fit" for some. We all want to succeed, but the devil is in the details...
Hopefully, for those struggling, the right avenue to recovery will be discovered soon.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:35 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Oh well,

At least you didn't get angry about it.

I found the warning emails on the forums hard to miss tbh.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:57 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by exwell66 View Post
you think im joking im not you don't know me I am now you will have to deal with it my god dam account,,, you think its a joke its my privacy now deal with it
Calling the news? I don't get it? About what? (And do you think that would help privacy issues or just make things completely not private?)
Old 09-03-2015, 11:11 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

All the mods on this website do a great job in my opinion and, I'd like to thank them also. If it weren't for this forum I'd be either drunk or dead by now.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:50 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

What does the 'news' have to do with it? Not exactly the 'scoop' they've been waiting for...
Old 09-03-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Just unsubscribe!!

The amount of stuff I unsubscribe from each day has made it a daily activity now, it's all optional!!
Old 09-03-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

As my wife says when ever I'm putting something together. "When all else fails read the directions."
Old 09-03-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm keeping this thread open, so ex can come back and confirm it was a newsletter.

D