Notices

Tried to post earlier and couldn't AV ambush

Old 09-02-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tried to post earlier and couldn't AV ambush

Hello all:

I had an AV ambush but now it has passed. I feel better and even if I wanted to I can't leave my house. I also tried to post a response but it didn't work so I'm posting now to be accountable and put it out there AND to keep a trail for me.

I have been having issues as far as having to hear things that upset me at work. I have decided to just distance myself. Then today my hubby left for a couple of days because of his work. My AV tried to convince me to get some booze for after I put my daughter to sleep. These thoughts, Arghhh!! I know that this is going to be forever, I accept that...

I'm not going to drink and I quickly put it down, but just having that thought pop up is annoying. I told a friend that, one that doesn't consider me an alcoholic but supports my desicion, and she acted a little weirded out. I really can't vent to anyone about this other than here. Eventhough I appreciate her listening and always supporting me.

So that was it. I made it through. The stupid part is that my AV goes "nobody will know". I will just keep remembering what someone told me here at my beginning: "YOU will know and that the only person that matters"...

My hubby will be gone until the weekend but I will not drink. I don't drink anymore because I used to...

Have a good night or a good day, depending on where you are
Old 09-02-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Stupid lil AV hasn't a chance with you.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you!!! I hate that AV too! Ugh. I feel the same way. I can only vent here. But that's okay I love it here
xo
Old 09-02-2015, 06:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, YOU will know. I had to understand that, too, and it's really amazing to do something this important for yourself. You can always come here to vent.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nice work Nowsthetime!
Old 09-02-2015, 06:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Good that you got past that!

Same thing happened to me just a while ago. Intense craving, enough to make me cry, but I went and did something else and it passed.
Now I'm okay and treating myself to a bowl of ice cream.

We will both be relieved in the morning.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Joanne B View Post

We will both be relieved in the morning.
Yes!!! I have to be up at 6:30am get ready for work and take my daughter to school. I would be mortified to take her with a hang over.

The other day we were talking about beer and my daughter mentioned that I don't drink beer. I'm glad that she is growing up with this example and I will for sure be honest with her about all the reasons why. Not yet because she's so young, but eventually...
Old 09-02-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Nowisthetime, so glad you pushed through and I'm sure you are too! Tomorrow when you are fresh and clear getting your daughter off to school you will appreciate it even more

I totally get the "no one will know" argument. I drink mostly at home , alone, hiding it in my bedroom from my kids. Yuck. It makes it so easy to start and stop because no one sees me drink and I also don't feel like any of my friends or family will understand so I don't talk about it.

Anyway, you are so right... YOU will know. And if you are like me you will hate yourself for it and feel awful mentally and physically while trying desperately to hide it from the world .
Not worth it.

Good for you
Old 09-02-2015, 07:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Nowisthetime, so glad you pushed through and I'm sure you are too! Tomorrow when you are fresh and clear getting your daughter off to school you will appreciate it even more

I totally get the "no one will know" argument. I drink mostly at home , alone, hiding it in my bedroom from my kids. Yuck. It makes it so easy to start and stop because no one sees me drink and I also don't feel like any of my friends or family will understand so I don't talk about it.

Anyway, you are so right... YOU will know. And if you are like me you will hate yourself for it and feel awful mentally and physically while trying desperately to hide it from the world .
Not worth it.

Good for you
This was key. Before I felt sneaky and smart about getting wasted and getting away with it... But I knew. I KNEW and that fed into the negative vicious circle. I wasn't fooling my hubby either. I got away with it when he was out of town or I was but other than that, I always stunk, even with all the tricks like gum and mints. So many times he called me out and I looked at him in the eye and lied about it. I don't want to be a person that looks someone straight in the eye and lies. It made me feel like $&@? Because with one lie came many more and it was stressful to keep that up. I'm so much happier now.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Fantastic job not giving in Nowsthetime! You are the only one that matters in this battle. Today, you stayed true to yourself and what you are trying to accomplish.

Well done!
Old 09-03-2015, 12:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry you couldn't post Now's I'm really glad you got through that though
Old 09-03-2015, 02:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I had the same thing yesterday, and didn't drink. Same thing this morning.

I don't drink
I don't drink
I don't drink!!

Not gonna drink today. Well done for getting through it
Old 09-03-2015, 12:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through Nowsthetime!!