Notices

Food Tastes So Much Better!!!

Old 09-02-2015, 11:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Food Tastes So Much Better!!!

When I was drinking or going through withdrawal I noticed food tasted very odd!! Not unpleasant, just odd which left me not finishing meals. Has anybody else experienced this. It normally settled down after 5-6 days but I'm curious to know what is the cause apart from the drink... I want to know what is the drink doing inside to cause this?? Just curious as I have Googled it without much success... Hope every is good & enjoying a sober September...
Old 09-02-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Can't relate...food tasted better to me when I was loaded....drunk munchies after half a fifth was something that occurred often.

I would start w a few slices of lunch meat...low carb...next thing you know....bread, cheese, milk, cookies...ooooh...some leftover fried chicken...

I lost 20 pounds in 2 months when I quit boozing...
Old 09-02-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
now's the time

Alcohol wreaks havoc on your gastrointestinal tract. For me not only did food not taste good, but my stomach could barely handle anything. I know my stomach lining was eroded to the point of alcoholic gastritis... I don't know but maybe it was harming your taste buds or something like that?
Old 09-02-2015, 11:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I can relate to the food tasting better actually. I can actually enjoy food alot more now being sober although the anxiety doesn't help at times with the appetite. I don't know if its the flavor or just actually eating good these days.

When I would get the alcohol "munchies" food did taste really good but only when buzzed and never sober. Not to mention I'd always wake up with the worst stomach problems the next morning. I always ate a ton of junk though and loaded up on the worst food ever.

I too lost quite a bit of weight since quitting, almost 20 pounds in 7 weeks.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's quite funny how we easily forget the effects of alcohol... Talking about food has made me remember having panic attacks as I started eating & that was on my own... restaurants were a nightmare... Had to make excuses and go to the loo where I did breathing exercises..... What a life that was.... No wonder I don't crave it anymore!!
Old 09-02-2015, 12:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

it was like that for a few days
Old 09-02-2015, 12:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Food as with other things we're simply things I needed to do, or thought it would be good ideas to do to stay alive.

When I got Sober I started to appreciate what I was eating, flavours, cooking, creativity in the kitchen, I got my enjoyment of food back again, and the healthy aspects of it!!