Notices

Thinking

Old 09-01-2015, 09:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thinking

Been doing alot of that lately.

I got really stressed out earlier about my husbands job thing and I just had to let it go. As long as I/he takes a positive step daily towards its outcome, then that's enough for me.
I'm going thru a strange time anyway, being my age and clean for a short time. I'm trying to fill that void. I don't really know what I like to do. I loved to fish when I was using but now I don't feel like it. Still like my job. I'm a florist, get to put together beautiful arrangements everyday.

I wish I had intimacy. Was never raised with it, and I don't really understand it. Of course my husband is the opposite so that's a problem. Hopefully that might change as things get better.
Just wish I could find my passion in life.

I know I'm being vague, i just have so many thought and questions running thru my mind.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

You're probably in the right place in your recovery .
It's a process, have faith it will work out if you keep working on it . Thats what i found anyhow .
Marching beside you in sobriety peanut, who knows where to.. I have faith that it will be ok

Bestwishes, m
Old 09-02-2015, 12:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi peanut, I can completely relate. In the past I had been rushing to find ways to fill the void. This time around I am trying to take it more easy and just let things flow as they come. I am trying to get by on the minimum. The only thing I've added a lot of is exercise because it makes me feel good to have a goal and to do something positive. Otherwise, I am cutting way back on my social calendar, not taking on any big projects and generally just trying to learn to relax and just be. It is difficult, but I am finding it helps.

By the way, I am super jealous of your job!
Old 09-02-2015, 12:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 09-02-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Peanut, you will find your interests. After I quit I just thought I could run back to the same things I enjoyed while drinking, only do them sober. It hasn't worked that way. I've been finding different things to do. I used to read a lot and haven't been. Certain television shows I loved, don't hold my interest. It's a work in progress.

Keep going.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thinking and talking is how you find new interests and learn more about yourself, i'd encourage you to continue!
Old 09-02-2015, 08:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

too much thinking can lead us right back to the old cycle...

thinking can be positive, but we also need ACTION.

try some new stuff. enroll in a community class or workshop. take up a sport. try a new hobby. go to an event you'd never think to go to. Try experiencing the world in new ways.

thinking keeps us caught up in our head - and that's where our addiction lives. out in the real world there are infinite new possibilities and ways to live a rich and rewarding clean and sober life.

intimacy, passion, communication, togetherness..... these things flourish most beautifully from a place of knowing ourSELVES.

And that happens most effectively from taking the actions to learn...