Notices

Hey - first post

Old 09-05-2015, 12:50 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tam.S View Post
Hi , welcome and well done . You just cant beat a nice cuppa , thats one thing i.m not giving up haha .
Im on day 10 ( big ben ) myself and love this site .

Wishing you well .
Thanks Tam.S

Congratulations on day 10!

K8
Old 09-05-2015, 02:31 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a nice day K8
Old 09-05-2015, 03:34 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Have a nice day K8
You too soberwolf!

K8
Old 09-05-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

K8 I love seeing how positive & determined you are. I know you have regrets, but you're taking charge of your life at a relatively young age, compared to some of us. (Me) I insisted on tryimg to use willpower to control my drinking - and terrible things happened.

Nice work on reaching Day 6 - every day should be a bit better & easier.
Old 09-05-2015, 02:05 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thanks so much Hevyn!

Posting on here has made things so much easier, and of course the support of the community has been priceless.

K8
Old 09-05-2015, 02:12 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi All

Hope everyone is doing well out there.

I am nearing the end of day 6, looking forward to celebrating a week tomorrow, think I shall be doing that with a home pedicure!

Went over to see my Mum today, she has been away this week and not really known much about what has gone on during the last 7 days since I've seen her. She was really proud and supportive of me, which was great in more ways than one.

I had an epiphany about the ex whilst talking to my Mum today, he also had his issues (not with alcohol or any addiction) but with fear of rejection/getting hurt, something like that, too hard to say as I'm not in his head. So I am trying to lighten up on myself in terms of not taking the sole burden of the end of the relationship on myself. That has helped a lot this evening and I've not felt as sad as I might have done. I've even been able to watch my favourite comedy show that I would normally watch with him tonight, and although he creeps in my mind sometimes, it is not as bad. I think that is a combination of space from the situation and definitely being off the drink. My mind is so much clearer and focused now!

Shakes in the hands are the same as this morning and the buzzing in the left side of my head has returned this evening, but no AV still, so that is a good thing. Hopefully the annoying buzzing will go with sleep!

Hope you are all having a good day/evening out there.

K8
Old 09-05-2015, 05:03 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

day six is brilliant K8

D
Old 09-05-2015, 05:08 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Welcome K8Fazz!! Staying close to SR has helped me so much. Congratulations on 6 days!
Old 09-05-2015, 05:15 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on six days sober!
Old 09-05-2015, 05:20 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Great job getting through the first week K8

I bet those physical symptoms will keep lessening as will the thirst for water
as time passes.
Old 09-06-2015, 01:46 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Morning, Afternoon or Evening, All

Hope you are all doing okay and this weekend has seen you getting stronger wherever on the journey you are on.

I am on day 7 today, shakes in the hands a little less this morning, buzzing in my head definitely benefitted from a night's sleep as it is imperceptible this morning. I have a theory that it comes on with tiredness, so will be testing that theory from tomorrow when I return to work after a week off.

I got a whopping 9 hours sleep last night! I didn't go to bed until 11.30pm, which used to be a time that I went to bed when I was drinking, I am trying to change that habit so that I go to bed an hour earlier, will try that tonight as I need to get up early for work tomorrow!

I looked in the mirror on waking this morning and for the first time in forever I thought, you are beautiful That might sound a bit self indulgent, but to know that I am starting to love myself again is huge. I have had all sorts of inappropriate relationships the last few years. The last one I had was the best yet in terms of what we all might call 'normal', but there were still insurmountable problems. The more I love myself, and the less scared I am of being alone, the stronger I will go into the next relationship, whenever that may come about.

Hope you all have a great day, keep close to SR, I can't tell you how much being able to post on here has helped me in the first few days. Here's to week two!!

K8
Old 09-06-2015, 03:56 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Do your best

#Awesome you are amazing
Old 09-06-2015, 03:58 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Thanks so much Sober Wolf

I think we all are on here!

Old 09-06-2015, 07:25 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hey there and welcome!
Old 09-06-2015, 08:28 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Thanks Alynn!

K8
Old 09-06-2015, 12:22 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hi there All

Hope you are well out there and have got through the weekend.

I am at the end of day 7, I'm all ready to get back to work tomorrow, physically I am feeling fine, I've been supping on my fizzy water this evening and watching a bit of telly.

Tonight I feel totally lonely, I have been sitting here all night just reminding myself that it is only an emotion and will pass, but I've been stuck with it all night.

So tomorrow will see me rise at 05.30, get ready for work, and I have to leave slightly earlier for my commute so that I can grab a monthly travel ticket. Based on that, and how I'm feeling, I think I will take my valerian root tablet early tonight, and then take a book to bed and hope that sleep comes to save me from this horrible feeling that has descended tonight.

Sorry tonight isn't more positive, hope you are all okay out there and look forward to reading your stories tomorrow.

K8
Old 09-06-2015, 04:07 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your week K8

D
Old 09-06-2015, 10:54 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi All

Day 8 for me and boy, is getting up early for work easier when you don't have to try and recover from a hangover!

Mind has been in overdrive this morning, can't wait to get in to work and hear all that has been going on. This morning my mind has been looking at the person that the alcohol turned me in to. Not very proud of myself. It turned me into someone who is desperate and needy, someone who lashes out at people that don't deserve it, no wonder I find myself alone and without the man I wish was by my side.

I am considering, in time, sharing this thread with him, hopefully explaining some of what happened between us. I don't know, I already shared something really personal with him about baggage that I have and it was met with quite an uncaring attitude. Much the same as all of my pain over the last few weeks.

Maybe I should just cut my losses and know that nothing will bring him back and I just have to move on.

Anyway, hope you all have a lovely day, not long and I will be in double figures!

K8
Old 09-07-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Day 8 - so wonderful, K8. Proud of you.

In my experience, it's almost impossible to explain things to the normal drinkers in our life. My family are happy for me, but I can tell they don't get it at all, or how I let my life go off track. That's one reason this site is so helpful and reassuring. Try not to let regret have an impact on your recovery - I know it's hard - but you deserve a fresh, new beginning.
Old 09-07-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Rar

Hang in there K8. Congratulations on your Day 3.