Notices

I HAVE to do this

Old 09-01-2015, 03:50 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

All, thank you so much for all the replies. You have all been so helpful!

I got through Day 1 and now I'm starting Day 2. I can do this!

Off to work and I will check back this evening. God bless you all and have a safe and sober day!
Old 09-01-2015, 04:01 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Welcome back!
Old 09-02-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks to everyone again for your kind wishes and the terrific council.

I promised myself that I would be honest with my progress and I’m going to keep that promise.

I failed last night. I got home and had all good intentions of keeping to my sobriety plan. Unfortunately when I got home from work my SO had a bottle of rum he was drinking to “celebrate” a successful appointment. I told him and myself, “I’m not going to have any.” I should have immediately hopped on SR, gone for my walk, removed myself from the situation completely until time for bed. I didn’t do that. I thought I could stay around and just not drink. I knew better…….I know better. After around 30 minutes or so I had the first drink. This of course led to another. I stopped after 2 but had enough that I passed out on the couch for the rest of the night. That is not what I want! I woke up this morning and got on the treadmill, read SR and listened to Joyce Meyer ministries. I went into work, on time.

Tonight, no drinking, no alcohol in the house. In just a bit I’m headed to bed.
Tomorrow: wake up, kneel at my bedside to gives thanks for a safe night and ask my HP for Help for the coming day and evening; work and then my therapist appointment; mani appointment after my therapy; home, SR and then to bed.

Anyway, though this was a failure for me I have to also consider my victory afterwards; I have owned up to my mistake to people that I have respect for and who’s opinion means something to me. This will help me with my resolve and sticking to my plan.

Thank you all again for reading. Today is another Day 1 and tomorrow will be a successful Day 2. I’m gonna do this!
Old 09-02-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We know you will, labgirl.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Labgirl,
I have had more day ones than I care to count, and it is always a disappointing feeling that morning. I have spent the majority of the summer sober, with a few slips here and there, but really committed this past month.
I know I need a plan, and I always have, one, the execution if it however, has failed in the past.
You can do this!
Old 09-03-2015, 09:10 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

When you quit drinking, Labgirl, and you will, you will begin to understand the degree to which the consumption of alcohol is causing the depression, self-loathing and anxiety. Drinking alcohol doesn't fix these things, it is responsible for them. Alcohol, for us, is The Great Lie.

I hear that you are working with a therapist, something that can be extremely useful. May I also suggest seeing a medical doctor? When I did that, it gave me a different appreciation for my situation, and I found it very reassuring and encouraging. At that stage of my sobriety, that was exactly what I needed - reassuring and encouragment. Seeing an MD also helped with the acceptance of my situation, and I see that as a primary requirement to recovery. Accept what is.

You can do this, LabGirl, there is no question of that. It might be hard at times, but you can do hard. It will never be too much for you as long as you decide that will be how it will be. You deserve a life without this misery. You deserve a life with some peace of mind, some appreciation of beauty, and your own measure of happiness. You can have all of this by saying yes to you.

You say 'you have to do this'. The change comes when you decide 'you will do this'. Onward!
Old 09-04-2015, 08:51 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Day 3 for me. Therapy appointment last night went well. Thank you all again for your support and encouragement!
Old 09-04-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Do your best

#Awesome I'm really happy for you Labgirl
Old 09-04-2015, 10:02 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Run to live... live to run

Welcome! You can do this. Take it one day at a time. In the beginning of my sobriety (40 months ago) I was on this site ALL the time. It really helped!