Notices

Day5

Old 08-30-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day5

The exhaustion is the worst. I was able to take an hour nap today which was nice. I feel much better for the moment. I woke up feeling great around 6 am, but by noon could barely keep my eyes open.

Today I kept my plans, went to early church service then out of town to visit my family. I was home by 2. This sober life is so different. It was nice though waking up from a real nap feeling refreshed than waking up from a pass out feeling like crap only to reach for the next drink. Even after only 5 days that sounds so stupid to me. lol

At the moment I'm feeling better emotionally. The anxiety has been better today. I know that is subject to change at any moment.

Tomorrow is work. It is going to be a crazy busy day....again. I pray my exhaustion is better tomorrow.

Oh, I signed up for a small group at church for ladies. It is a step to making some friends and getting connected all the while with a topic I feel will be helpful for me in my recovery.

One step at a time.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No, Sinderos, that does not sound stupid. Taking it slow, naps, eating well, sunlight...all of this is armor against the insidious addiction of alcohol. I am so happy you attended a group meeting and hope you feel the better for it. Going back to work can have it's challenges, but armed with the support system you've started to build, I am rooting for your sobriety. Be well, friend.

**(
)}
Old 08-30-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by janes ear View Post
No, Sinderos, that does not sound stupid. Taking it slow, naps, eating well, sunlight...all of this is armor against the insidious addiction of alcohol. I am so happy you attended a group meeting and hope you feel the better for it. Going back to work can have it's challenges, but armed with the support system you've started to build, I am rooting for your sobriety. Be well, friend.

**(
)}
The part I meant was stupid was when I was drinking waking up from a pass out, feeling like crap then pouring another drink.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 5 Sinderos
Old 08-31-2015, 05:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 5 Sinderos!!