Notices

Help

Old 08-29-2015, 09:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help

I'm still relapsing and still hopeful. I see the drinking getting progressively worse. I need suggestions on how to stop the train wreck waiting to happen. AA never worked for me, I don't connect with the program. AVRT seemed to work until I lost my resolve. I know I can do this!!
Old 08-29-2015, 09:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Have you tried SMART recovery? It seems to work for some.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you joined a monthly group here at all?
daily reading and posting certainly helped m,e.

Also...maybe reconsider some of the things you've tried before...inevitably we change - maybe you'll get a different result this time? If drinking has you on your knees what have you got to lose?

I know I grew more desperate and tried things I never would have earlier.

D
Old 08-30-2015, 02:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Having a sober plan that you make yourself accountable for will help your resolve acceptance will grant your resolve your untapped strength

It's not easy by any means but I guarantee its worth it do you think I'd still be sober if I wernt getting anything out of sobriety ?
Old 08-30-2015, 03:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks all, I think my major part is boredom and feeling lonely. I think it's probably a good time to face these things head on or they will assist in killing me. I can't believe I'm here again. I was doing soooo well and then I had to go and screw or up. . I will not give up.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are here :-)

I definitely recommend looking into other recovery methods if AA isn't for you. I kind of did the opposite - I tried a bunch of other recovery plans and AA was my last resort!

I don't know how long you are sober but if this is day one, it gets better, really.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi.

" AA never worked for me."

Usually it’s not AA not working it’s the individual not working the program which has helped many millions over the last 80 years.
Most programs work if we work them on a consistent basis, which means lifetime. There is much acceptance involved in sobriety along with work and change within us.
Most people don’t like that but the alternative is worsening our lives and losing so much we have that’s dear to us along with a progressively miserable life compared to now.

BE WELL
Old 08-30-2015, 09:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

For me trying something new was the way forward, there are many options of things to do, but I know for sure that doing the same thing will only produce the same results, we need to change things up and keep at it until something works!!

As well as looking at the program of recovery, have you looked at your lifestyle? your routines, what activities are you getting involved in, who are you hanging out with, is there alcohol in your house, these are some of the best places to change things up!!

You can do this!!
Old 08-30-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Buffet style. Everyone is different. I tried AA but after awhile it just didn't work for me, however there were things I learned there that I will always remember and use.

I lean more towards Rational Recovery and Smart Recovery.

Take what works for you and leave the rest.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Stay strong in your resolve and I would advise listening to the good people here at SR. Many have done and seen it all. They will help you. Wishing you the best.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your open minds and open hearts. I made it 6 months last time. And you guys here helped me tons. I definitely have to remember to keep you close.