Notices

5 More Days

Old 08-29-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
RacLon

5 More Days

My husband of 5 years has an addiction problem (alcohol, opiates & narcotics). He has finally come to terms with the fact that he needs help. He has agreed to go to detox at a facility. Problem is he can't go until Thursday. So obviously he is still getting high so that he's not sick. We have 2 young kids in the house so I don't want them to see him sick, but DAMN!! He looks so ****** up all the time now. I think he's probably using more for his last hoorah, and I also think he is just not trying to hide it from me anymore. But it's sooo bad. I just want it to be Thursday and him be gone to rehab. I cannot stand sitting here watching him like this, it's as if I'm saying it's ok or something. Ugh. How am I supposed to make it 5 more days??

Old 08-29-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your situation.

Is there somewhere else that your husband can stay until he can go to detox?
Old 08-29-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Rlong, if he needs a friend and knows about SR have him register here and message me. I've put my wife through a lot as well, so if I can help it would mean a lot to me.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

I 10,000% agree with Anna
Old 08-30-2015, 04:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi.

"How am I supposed to make it 5 more days??"

I certainly will recommend the forum on this site called Friends and Family and Al Anon in your area as a continued way to help for YOU.
In most cases just because someone stops drinking life does not become a bowl of cherries suddenly. In some cases it gets worse and the spouse and family needs support.

BE WELL
Old 08-30-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Can he sign up here for the next 5 days!!

Get involved in reading and learning about recovery prior to the detox, it'll keep him occupied and give you some peace of mind that he's doing something constructive!!
Old 09-02-2015, 08:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
RacLon

Ugh. My laptop took a dive and couldn't log in here the past few days. But anyways to update I went away to the beach with my mother and kids for two days to pass some time. I am going tomorrow morning to drop my husband off for rehab. I'm nervous as can be. But I am so excited. I will be going to al anon for supper and I appreciate all the feedback here. Thanks
Old 09-03-2015, 12:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Were here for you Rlong
Old 09-03-2015, 06:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
RacLon

Well I dropped him off this morning. So strange. I just have this pit in my stomach, so nervous. I can't talk to him for 4 days and then he can call us on Monday. It's just so weird. I am home now, kids in bed, quiet house. Just feels weird but I keep telling myself that he will be a better person and we will all be happier when he comes out. Ugh....
Old 09-03-2015, 06:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Magsie

Keep in touch Rlong, there are so many people here who have experienced similar situations.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Yes please stay in touch
Old 09-05-2015, 05:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
RacLon

I talked to him yesterday with his counselor. His 4 day blackout period started after that call. I won't see or talk to him until next Wednesday when we have a meeting with his counseler together. I'm not really sure how that works or how it'll go. I guess we have the meeting because he told her that I was considering leaving him (which is true). So she wanted to set up a meeting asap. So we'll see how that goes. Until then it's just me and the kids and the pup. Very strange without him home. But I know this time apart will be great for us!!
Thanks for the support!
Old 09-06-2015, 06:29 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
RacLon

My husband has always told me that he is only snorting the pills. Would never shoot. However looking through his car today I found a bag of q-tips and what looks like a piece of a syringe stopper. I'm so sick to my stomach. I don't know why I thought snorting pills was bad enough but now it's IV??
Addicts- did you use IV? Will it be harder to kick?? Is this something I should stick around to find out?
I will ask him in the meeting Wednesday what drugs he was on and how he was doing them. See how he answers with his counselor present. I mean I already know the answer but....
I'm just so pissed right now. I don't know if I wanna deal with this forever. And I can't even confront him because he's in the rehab center on blackout. Ugh....
Old 09-06-2015, 07:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
~sb

maybe find yourself a Naranon or Al Anon group to attend and begin your own healing process?

there are no quick fixes and it will take time for everyone to heal!
Old 09-06-2015, 08:38 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
RacLon

Yea... I just dont know if I want to do this. I'm busy enough with my two jobs and two kids. I don't have time for another kid.

He just called me begging to come home... Um NO !!!!!
He also admitted to IV drug use. I just don't know what...or how long he's been doing it.