Notices

Messed up again

Old 08-30-2015, 07:10 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

jerry HUGS. This disease is telling you all that nasty stuff. I can't do it alone. I'm so thankful for AA, recovery group at church, as well as this community. It's a WE thing.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You know, i used to be on a support group for people quitting smoking and we'd get lots of people there saying the same thing, that "nothing works." The problem in many cases was that these people wanted something to quit for them, and thought they could pop a pill or slap on a nicotine patch and that would be that.

All of those things are just aids, but they don't do the work for you. When I hear you say "nothing works" it makes me think that maybe you want it to be simple like that, when it just isn't.

I'm not one to give much advice on alcohol right now but I know that the thing that needed to work for my smoking recovery was me, and I suspect that's the same thing with alcohol. I had to stop thinking of quit aids as magic bullets and realize that I had to do the work. Those things might make it a little easier, but I still had to put in the effort.

Hoping you'll be okay in the morning. (((hugs))) to you.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Jerry, looks likyou wre celebrating 3 weeks and a half a day later you were back to drinking. Did somethung happen to trigger you? Did you have a action plan for urges. I hope you pull back and stop using the f it all button. Back to basics and fill your tool box.