SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Forgive yourself Weekender Thread Aug. 28th until.. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/374375-forgive-yourself-weekender-thread-aug-28th-until.html)

Ruby2 08-27-2015 09:36 AM

SW, your post made me smile. It sounds like you're having a great day.

Weasel1966 08-27-2015 09:39 AM

Ok... So here is something I learned recently about forgiveness.... I had to also learn to recognize when I needed forgiving.

I have such long held negative emotions that have become comfortable and engrained. Partly because they were drilled into me very young... Partly because I took over the homage from there and clung to them.

I never saw, until my recent work to over come, that I even needed to forgive myself for all the beating up I did as directed over the years.

Ken you can let go of continuing the traditions and forgive myself for not seeing it sooner. I see it now. I can change it now. No regret. I am forgiven.

Now to keep reminding myself that the burden is gone... that I don't have to fear it will return. No fear of my own thoughts. Only what is real.

Sorry to get so deep but seems you all might be feeling very similar.

Ken

CaseyW 08-27-2015 09:58 AM

I'm in for another weekend of peace and happiness.

saoutchik 08-27-2015 10:26 AM

Glad your doing well Soberwolf

I can't seem to stop yawning today, I will take a quick nap. Can't be too long as I am going to a Crazy Golf Tournament tonight so the whole field against each other lowest score wins. My tee off time is 8.50pm

Time2Rise 08-27-2015 10:37 AM

I'm in; no drinking this weekend.

newhope01 08-27-2015 11:07 AM

Having trouble with articulating my thoughts at the moment. My head is kind of in a fog at the moment.

Binged hard last night and I want to break this cycle. I'm on board for at least this weekend.

I'm just trying to focus on right now.

brynn 08-27-2015 11:52 AM

Welcome aboard newhope! :)

Sao...good luck tonight!

Ruby2 08-27-2015 11:56 AM

Saoutchik, good luck with the crazy golf. That's a fun way to spend a Thursday.

saoutchik 08-27-2015 12:00 PM

Thank you Brynn and Ruby

I have had a nap (I rarely do that). Off I go

Hope your weekend goes well Newhope

Weasel1966 08-27-2015 12:02 PM

Good to see you here ArtFriend!!!!

happyandfree 08-27-2015 12:15 PM

Lunch time siesta going on here in my world.
A few more hours of work and I'll be home again. May rent a movie.
feeling lazy....

Tetra 08-27-2015 12:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I met with my boss this afternoon. She said she is going to give me a glowing reference upon my departure tomorrow :)

In the meanwhile, I filled the office with life's little essentials to keep the girls going until they find my replacement :)

saoirse 08-27-2015 12:26 PM

Great inspiration everyone, thank you. Looking to make this my first sober weekend in a long time. Planning my "defense" against the AV. I'll be reading, if not posting plenty. Have a wonderful weekend all.

LBrain 08-27-2015 12:32 PM

Tetra... find your replacement? Not sure I understand...

WHAT?! That's what I said when the receptionist told me twenty dollar copay. I said have them mail me the results. So now I'm out twenty bucks waiting for the doctress. Maybe she'll make it worth the twenty?

Stopped in a place advertising part time job. I asked for details and the gal said she didn't know, whould I like to fill out an application.
No. She couldn't understand my response. I don't know if it's shooing flies from a pile of **** or if it's collecting spilled milk. Unless i know what the job is I'm not going to apply.
Hopefully doctor shows up soon. I should charge them by the hour.

SoberLeigh 08-27-2015 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tetra (Post 5530163)
I met with my boss this afternoon. She said she is going to give me a glowing reference upon my departure tomorrow :)

In the meanwhile, I filled the office with life's little essentials to keep the girls going until they find my replacement :)

Very sweet gesture, tetra.

Take that glowing reference and run with it.

SoberLeigh 08-27-2015 12:57 PM

In for a sober weekend.

Hi, everyone.

NeoNew 08-27-2015 01:00 PM

Count me in

ArtFriend 08-27-2015 01:18 PM

Speaking of back rubs Wolfie ... these two need to get a room!

Soberwolf 08-27-2015 01:33 PM

LoL thanks Art :hug:

After Mrs sw had a bath our dog decided to go jump in it hes going mad for bath bubbles its funny but I don't want him getting unwell we recorded it

My dog is just the best

Tetra 08-27-2015 01:42 PM

@ LBrain: well I am finishing a nine month contract tomorrow.
I would imagine that they will re-fill my role, not immediately, but at some point in the future if it is deemed necessary.

I am looking forward to heading to my parents place for a bit of rest and relaxation. It's supposed to be nice and sunny next week so I'll be going for walks down to the lake etc.