Administrator

Class of August 2015 Part 4

Continues from here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-3-a-21.html

D
Old 08-26-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yea GB,
I've been shaky w this job because I was out too much w sick kids and wife having surgery. Dr excuses probably what kept the job. Got one for today too. I just recently got told I'm in the clear for being out too much, before. Places want to get rid of ppl so easily now. No wonder I guess because there's still people who are out of work, if I'm reading the media junk right. I don't know for sure.
I used to have " big plans" all the time. Now it feels just like "head above water".
May just be a poop attitude. I go up and down so bad from drinking probably. It goes away when I stay sober for a while. Man that AV will fool you quick as a whistle. I made 110-120 days once. Last yr.
I was to the almost everyday drinking point
Old 08-26-2015, 05:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

GBlue I hope you feel better it sucks being depressed.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm going to have a nice long shower and download a new book. I'm thinking "Letting Go: The Pathway of Surrender" by David Hawkins

Have a good night everybody
Old 08-26-2015, 06:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just checking in on day 17.

Having a hard time 2nd day in a row. My AV notices all instances of people enjoying a glass of wine (ads on TV, Facebook posts, articles in magazines...) and nudges me to just say the heck with it. Why shouldn't you be like everyone else and enjoy a glass of wine with your dinner? Then it makes me feel sorry for myself. Constantly. Ugh!

This week is so much harder than prior two weeks. It's like the novelty and elation at being sober wore off and now it's just a chore and sacrifice. Anyone else feeling this way?
Old 08-26-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Key. I've made it through today and hopefully tomorrow will be better. Off to bed early.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Yogapants View Post
My AV notices all instances of people enjoying a glass of wine (ads on TV, Facebook posts, articles in magazines...) and nudges me to just say the heck with it.
It used to bother me...but then I realized that nobody posts their "morning after" or "hangover" photos on social media

And TV, magazines...they're just trying to sell a product and make money...

Focus on why you stopped drinking
Old 08-26-2015, 07:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

10 days

g'night everyone! Waking up early for work tomorrow, and I won't even feel like crap💩 question: how do you remedy your insomnia if you have it? I take melatonin, magnesium, and recently added GABA w/ b6
Old 08-26-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coleiope View Post
g'night everyone! Waking up early for work tomorrow, and I won't even feel like crap💩 question: how do you remedy your insomnia if you have it? I take melatonin, magnesium, and recently added GABA w/ b6
My Achilles heel with staying sober right there, dreaded insomnia. You might check with your dr. Regarding valerian. My experience only, does have calming effect for sure , but doesn't put me to sleep, but I'm a hard case with that. There is a sleep aid with valerian, theanine, chamomile melatonin and magnesium all in one. Hope you have a restful night!
Old 08-26-2015, 07:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey guys,

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm one week in myself. Looks like everyone is feeling all around as miserable as myself, hahaha. I gotta believe this gets better though.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

Welcome to the class MaxMS.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Day 11 is just about over. Also day 11 without cigarettes. I'm grumpy, if not downright mean tonight, and that's not a good look, so I'm going to sign-off for the night and and spend the rest of the night relaxing on the couch.

Congratulations to everyone who staying sober today.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Bad day

I feel just like you yoga pants. Bad and long day at work, and yes the early joy of not being drunk has worn off. I don't have my beer to fall back on as a coping mechanism for life's normal stress. I knew days like this were coming though. Just wanna go to sleep now, today will not end on a positive note. Can't wait to put this one in the books. Tomorrow is a new day. Still sober and wishing you all the best. Good night.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

26 days done. I had a tiny urge to drink when I was going to a restaurant after work that I haven't been to in awhile now... a tapas place that has one of my favorite dishes, that I used to eat with a bottle of wine or so. (roasted brussels sprouts). I drank sparkling water, and was just fine. I took stock at the craving beforehand, played the tape, and thought "nope, not gonna happen"... so I went.

Had a long day at work... I'm tired. Hope all are well.

xo-B
Old 08-26-2015, 11:14 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, just checking in.

I didn't drink today so that is a step in the right direction from where I have been lately.

The past couple of days I have felt like I want to give up and resign myself to the fact that I can't win this. However, finally this morning I started to feel like I might have a chance to get my drinking under control again so I am trying to build on that and take it one day at a time.

Hoping everyone has a happy & sober Thursday
Old 08-26-2015, 11:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's great to hear that from you Emme

D
Old 08-27-2015, 12:00 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Just hanging at work... eating way too much food. gotta say I'm jealous of the loose pants talk. But I'm only a week in so maybe in a month or two I can say the same.

I know a few of you are pretty down right now And I'm sorry to hear that. Hope tomorrow is a better day, really I do.

I'm feeling quite the opposite. When I'm drinking I'm caught in alcohol's grasp and there's no hope. Stuck in a depression for months on end. I've escaped again and found some hope. In one word, Im relieved. I'm in charge now, not my addiction. I'm excited to see what I'm capable of. Excited at the opportunity to be a better mother, wife, and person. I'm excited for you all too. Keep your chins up!

5 more hours to 7am. Then it's kids to school, bed.... sweet bed.... and a walk.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:34 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Morning all, hope everyone is doing okay!
I'm just checking in, day 4 for me, feels really good, and my concentration is getting better

Hope everyone has a wonderful sober day!
Old 08-27-2015, 01:58 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bexxed View Post
26 days done. I had a tiny urge to drink when I was going to a restaurant after work that I haven't been to in awhile now... a tapas place that has one of my favorite dishes, that I used to eat with a bottle of wine or so. (roasted brussels sprouts). I drank sparkling water, and was just fine. I took stock at the craving beforehand, played the tape, and thought "nope, not gonna happen"... so I went.

Had a long day at work... I'm tired. Hope all are well.

xo-B
Fantastic bexxed! 26 days is awesome. I know how hard it must be going out to dinner with all those triggers. Not sure I'm ready for that yet. As for the Brussels sprouts....
Day 8 today, going to try and get to a meeting tonight, will post later. Anyone feeling like they're going to cave in today as bexxed said..play the tape forward.
Old 08-27-2015, 02:08 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Congrats everyone!

Day 27 here and still going well. But I have had no occasions that may tempt me which is making it easier. That will be the challenge.

At playground with my kids now trying to get them to burn off some energy. My oldest is started preschool next week and very excited about it. The are keeping me busy.

Hope everyone gas a lovely day