Notices

I just rang a job

Old 08-26-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Proud of you SW. I know this is tough, but you will succeed. Good for you on taking the steps to start this journey.

Believe in yourself!
Old 08-26-2015, 07:05 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

SW, please don't overwhelm yourself trying to do everything at once.

Baby steps my friend.

Posted with love and concern for your well being.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:20 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

These are some really brave and big steps you are taking now, SW, including sharing all these things here on SR. Kudos, you definitely deserve a lot of appreciation.

One thing I would like to add is an observation... You are a member and contributor here on this forum with outstanding consistency and loyalty. You seem to have constant inspiration to support others here even if you are not feeling your best at a given time. I'm thinking that the same features and motivations would likely to be some of your strengths also in the work force and in studying. As you said and others also commented, a job can initially be something that helps you in a practical way (=money), whatever it is. You are still quite young and could have lots of time and energy to explore your interests and what you love, and work towards that perspective. I think you are doing absolutely the right thing to start with getting some work in order and can figure out subsequent opportunities on the go. I also imagine that once you work, with a bit of time, it might also help with your anxiety simply because it would provide more security in your life.

I remember your telling us about your interest in helping and working with people on an older thread of yours a while ago, and that you were thinking about potentially getting some sort of certificate in that area. If this is really your passion, I would say go for it! Doing volunteer work is a good start. Maybe also something to bring up with your therapist at some point as s/he might be able to provide informed feedback regarding realistic possibilities in the context of your individual situation and location. I agree with Opivotal above though, definitely better not to overextend yourself, just start somewhere and the rest can be followed up on the go.

Best of luck with everything!
Old 08-26-2015, 07:28 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

SoberWolf .. thought about this a bunch.. and know that this..
special wolf pack will show you the path to fly.. you can do this so proud of you... my brothers sing of your path you walk this minute... hugs ardy..

https://youtu.be/fAztuSjfV0I

paches in the Air. Video by Sgt. 1st Class Eric Pahon | 82nd Combat Aviation Brigade | Date: 02.19.2012. HD Videol of an AH-64 Apache from Task Force Wolfpack (82nd Combat Aviation Brigade) flying near Forward Operating Base Salerno, Afghanistan. Shot from the back of a UH-60 Black Hawk flying alongside the Apache. A
Old 08-26-2015, 07:30 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

and then again my special brother of large paws.. I have to give you this call.. https://youtu.be/qbBetibbYmg
Old 08-26-2015, 01:02 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Do your best

The way the helicopter dives and turns is amazing Ardy

And that wolfpack looked very healthy
Old 08-26-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
p***enger

You're amazing, SW --

Old 08-26-2015, 01:11 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you Op Aellyce and Ccam great advice

Taking it day by day feel good doing it was feeling down this morning but I meditated done more reading & looking at jobs and then had my dinner then had a hot radox bath salts bath & shave

Feeling better it was a lot stressful overwhelming etc but I got through it with all your fantastic support I'm glad I made the call

I have initiated the ending soon to be the start of something truly awesome

The course is either going to be learning to help vulnerable adults or a music course to its going to be the first one

I may wait till January for college and focus on work I'd love to be a hospital porter or even a carer I have experience right now I'm still at the drawing board but trust me I'm scribbling ideas aplenty

to all
Old 08-26-2015, 01:12 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Do your best

So are you Courage
Old 08-26-2015, 01:31 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

I love to hear you sounding so optimistic and determined, SW.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:44 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you Anna I feel more ready each day

Speaking to my therapist tomorrow as I thought today was thursday and itl be good talking with her I don't know how she'l react to what I'm going to tell her in terms of reaching goals

Feeling a lot better
Old 08-26-2015, 04:37 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Sober wolf,

It is a brave thing to put yourself out there in the job market and begin taking courses. I think you will find it very fulfilling to help others in your work and learn new things and meet new people. I am very happy to hear that you are ready to spread your wings after getting some solid sober time. I also want to say how much I appreciate you reading and responding to my posts.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:40 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you Groundhog Day
Old 08-26-2015, 04:45 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Soberwolf, I just wanted to say how great it is that you are continuing your recovery journey by possibly going back to work and/or taking a course.

You will find either or both of them very rewarding... and doing something new, even if it is "outside our comfort zone" will be exhilarating and exciting.

Wishing you the very best as you write another chapter or your new life filled with so many positives.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:45 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I'm proud of you, Wolfie.

You are a good friend here. Your path will take you to amazing and wonderful places.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:21 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Ven
Old 08-27-2015, 01:44 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Way to Soberwolf

With the criminal record thing (CRB Check) I think it's called, I think there is a limitations clause for those offences that are not deemed to be the most serious - a bit of online research would probably be more specific but like Gilmer said it doesn't bar you from the workplace
Old 08-27-2015, 02:23 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Saoutchik going with Mrs sw tomorrow as she has a day off if I have I have already got a link to ppl who can help me directly because of that I'm hoping it don't come to that

Going to keep looking but not rushing and panicking I'm feeling good about it going to have a telephone apt in 39 mins with my therapist

Then sorting out dermatologist mix up and tomorrow il get new trainers as I have bad blisters

Spk soon guys
Old 08-27-2015, 03:40 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Sw congrats on your progess. I hope you can take a course. Mentally stimulating and gives you an extra motivation. Well it did for me. We all seek a sense of achievement and it greats to.learn something new. Really enjoyed psychology courses. Hope you find some work you enjoy. If you do labor maybe you can move up and be the site lead. You seem to have a great approach with people and a fantastic attitude. It really goes along way.
How do you get therapy appointments over the phone? I have tried and unable to find that in the US. Maybe i will call my insurance company.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Do your best

Therapy went excellent the reason i get telephone apts is because they knew I was gripped by agoraphobia I managed to go there but just by speaking with me she knew how hard I was finding It and said since its talking therptherpy let's do it over the phone I thanked her for this and today it went brilliant exceeded goals but was told to pace myself I thought of Op & my sister & my gf telling me that (thanks btw )

Were speaking in the 2 quarter of September and she is ringing me later as the team there can help me to get in work & studying

Well she just phoned now and I have number & email try calling after 3pm

Feeling stoked but know to stay balanced *quietly chuffed'