Notices

Depressed

Old 08-24-2015, 04:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Depressed

Omg!
The depression I'm feeling is crippling/disabling. Everyone at work is noticing it and I'm getting close to maybe going to the hospital, although I don't know what they would do.

I'm having horrible thoughts. Thoughts of hatred, anger and violence towards this woman. I get home today and my husbands personal affects from his work are on the table. A friend of his picked them up today. I am infuriated about this!!! The owner is giving him another paid week off, says he doesn't want to lose him but it still drags on and the only one who can't work is my husband.

I have no comfort, no joy. I'm not eating because I'm not hungry, I just want to sleep, I'm exhausted. It takes everything I have to work a half day and not throttle every customer who approaches me. I literally had to work hard at not making eye contact.

My husband says he has never seen me this upset about anything in the 15 years we've been together. But then tells me that I'm a "negative drain". My head exploded on that one.

I have been listening to him bitching and complaining about this woman for 2 years and then this happens. I don't have a play book that tells me what I'm supposed to do about this. I'm not looking for attention. I'm just miserable.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Fancy talking
Old 08-24-2015, 05:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry the stress is not letting up.

Have you thought about talking to a counsellor, Peanut?

D
Old 08-24-2015, 05:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's a brilliant idea! Sounds like just the ticket, if it's possible?
Old 08-24-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree that talking to your dr and/or being referred to a therapist could be very helpful. I hope you can find a way to move forward through this issue.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Peanut, how much longer will this drama with your husband and this lady play out. I am not exactly sure what is going on. I know there was some back and forth with him and her, is he going to find a new job?

If you need someone to vent to we are always here but maybe you could find a therapist who could help even more?

I hope you find some peace and good job on a month sober.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Not sure how much longer. They are trying to build a legal case against her. My husband caught wind of some wrong doings and since then her true colors have came up and she has been trying to get him gone.
The owner has given my husband an additional week paid vacation and says over and over that he doesn't want to lose him.
He says it takes time to build a solid case, especially against a nut case like her. She is sue happy.
It's frustrating as hell.
I have tomorrow off so I'll see what i can find out for help. I have excellent insurance, may as well take advantage of it.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I've been on wellbutrin for a while now. I got into a real dark sad miserable place for quite some time that i couldn't kick. No shame in getting help when you need it. Now I've been on a low maintenance dose which seems to be working well.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

How long you been sober?
Old 08-25-2015, 08:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

31 days, I think
Old 08-25-2015, 08:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Maybe marriage counselling?

I know how you feel though, yesterday I almost walked off of the job for absolutely no reason, no one was bothering me on purpose, my work was rather easy for a Monday but I was literally going to check myself in the psych ward, still might do it! No, I just need to learn to de-stress.

My wife and I would fight regularly about this but we decided to finally buckle down and get marriage counselling, its a start who knows,

there's still the psych ward....
Old 08-25-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

After this crap is over, maybe marriage counseling.
He claims that it's being off the suboxone is causing me to be this way, however, I don't remember feeling THIS bad until the phone call at work telling me about the 2nd blowup between him and this woman.

I specifically remember this awful feeling washing over me and me telling him that I just can't do it anymore. At this point, off and on, I had been listening to him go on and on about all of the rude stuff she does and I would get upset but couldn't do anything other than tell him what I would do if it were me.

So at this point, I'm feeling pretty bad mentally. Trying to think of something to do. I'm physically exhausted and I just feel like sitting. I am posting on here and have some books to read.

I sure thought that 31 days would be/feel more hopeful than this.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

It is and it will be there's always sunshine after a storm