Notices

I look OK

Old 08-25-2015, 03:25 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by Carver View Post
I lost my baby girl three years ago - I know how you feel. There's nothing in this world more painful.

Just know that we're all here for you. There will always be a hole, but having friends and family will ease the pain a bit x
I am so sorry for your loss. Sorry in a way only someone like us can be sorry.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:34 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
mi, im feeling for you. grief is a bugger. theresno time limit.however, when ive gone through it, one thing i learned: avoiding things that may be painful prolonged some of the healing. stuffing my emotions and not letting them out didnt help. i didnt even enter my moms bedroom for about 9 months. i took down all pictures of her and anything that reminded me of her in the house. 11years of her living with me and being her caregiver made a bond i didnt know was there until after she died.
welp, some of that stuffing it didnt help. finally broke down one day and went into her bedroom. boy did the emotions flow as i was in there, as they are starting to flow now.
but it helped me heal. pride, ego, and fear kept me from doing it sooner. i actually would get some serenity and peace back every time i allowed the feelings/emotions to happen.
every time i dont allow myself to feel, i deny myself being human.
a very valuable lesson i learned through it all and forget at times:
stuffing feelings isnt good. every time i allow them to happen i am allowing myself to heal and to be human.

prayers out for ya!
Good advice and I will take it to heart.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Do your best

I think it's a really good idea meeting that person Mir I mentioned you in my prayers if you don't mind
Old 08-25-2015, 09:51 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
I think it's a really good idea meeting that person Mir I mentioned you in my prayers if you don't mind
Prayers always welcome and appreciated
Old 08-25-2015, 11:41 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your lost. My little girl is 7 now. When she was 2 she was diagnosed with a terminal, neuro degenerative condition. She is still with us and we consider ourselves lucky to get to spend more time with her. She still smiles every day and she still lights up our world.

However, the illness has taken its course and she is no longer able to eat/walk/talk etc. It has been hard, so hard, to watch her decline slowly. But again--she is still here. It's tough to look at pictures of her from a few years ago as she is usually doing something she can't do any longer. We have a ton of toys in the house she can no longer play with. So, in a way we are grieving what was and what could have been--while still enjoying every second we can with her. The waves of sadness are awful--so I can relate in that way.

I wonder what will happen if and when the worst happens. Thank you for being a sober inspiration to me. I am sorry you are hurting. xoxo
Old 08-25-2015, 03:31 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by SavingSelf View Post
I am so sorry for your lost. My little girl is 7 now. When she was 2 she was diagnosed with a terminal, neuro degenerative condition. She is still with us and we consider ourselves lucky to get to spend more time with her. She still smiles every day and she still lights up our world.

However, the illness has taken its course and she is no longer able to eat/walk/talk etc. It has been hard, so hard, to watch her decline slowly. But again--she is still here. It's tough to look at pictures of her from a few years ago as she is usually doing something she can't do any longer. We have a ton of toys in the house she can no longer play with. So, in a way we are grieving what was and what could have been--while still enjoying every second we can with her. The waves of sadness are awful--so I can relate in that way.

I wonder what will happen if and when the worst happens. Thank you for being a sober inspiration to me. I am sorry you are hurting. xoxo
So very very sorry for your daughters health problems and the pain for her and those that love her.

Life is so hard sometimes. How do we make sense of the senseless? I don't think we can. We just have to accept things as they are. We don't have to like it but we have to accept it.

I am here and she is not. I do believe I have been given a second chance at life and I can't afford to waste the days I have been granted.

My heart and prayers go out to you and your daughter