Notices

hopeless

Old 09-02-2004, 07:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

hopeless

I'm on my fourth day of not smoking pot and I don't know if I can survive this.I have smoked heavily for 31 years.I was laid off last week so I am also dealing with that and taking Sonne's 7 to clean out my system.My three grown children live with me and they have never known of my problem.I'm facing this alone and in secret.I don't want my family to find out what a mess I really am.(Been divorced 14 years.)For years I have prayed for a release from this addiction and now I HAVE to succeed in order to find a new job.I am in such agony and so alone.If my family didn't need me so bad I would consider ending it all.But I couldn't do that to them.Tears are running dowm my face as I write this!I hate myself for letting weed control and take over my life,I could easily get some but I'm trying so hard not to!I feel so alone and helpless.And hopeless.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

Hi Richie, and welcome.
I was there man, late last year. End of the road, you know.
Thirty years of substance abuse caught up with me in a span of two weeks. Poor, poor choices.
There's a way out.
You're not alone. I got help when I walked through the doors of an AA meeting.
There's also NA. And countless other recovery programs.
But when I got to that lonely place you're in right now, just the company and empathy of other alcoholics and addicts was what I needed to start thinking I too, could recover. Just a suggestion Richie.
We're only as sick as the secrets we keep.
I have hope in my life again, and I'll share it with you if you want.
I'm glad you're here.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Hey Richie, and welcome! Something tells me that by you posting here, there IS a glimmer of hope within you that truly wants to survive and kick this addiction to the curb! I hope that you don't feel ashamed or weak to ask for help, we've all been where you are at one point or another. You are not alone! This place offers a lot of support and help, and I hope that you decide to stay awhile and post some more so that we can get to know you. There is definitely a life full of joy and freedom from the grips of addiction and many here can agree with me.
Again, welcome, and I hope that you decide to read some of the posts and realize that there definitely IS hope!

Danielle
Old 09-02-2004, 08:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Richie,
Dan and Danielle both said, you are not alone. How true that is. I am recovering from 20 years of substance abuse, and weed was high on the list. There were people who never thought I would quit, including myself. But through the grace of my higher power, the rooms of NA/AA, and the people here at SR, I have found the hope to survive, and one day at a time, I haven't found in neccessary to use any substance stonger than aspirin, for four months. Keep posting and get to know us. You are not alone, we understand.

Sherry
Old 09-02-2004, 09:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Thank you.Just to be able to talk about it helps.All my friends are users and I can't talk to them.Or be around them now.Thank you so much for answering.