SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Messed up (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/374156-messed-up.html)

Betterme2025 08-23-2015 08:10 PM

Messed up

So I drank over the weekend 😡
Now wishing I didn't and am feeling crappy as...
Why is it so hard to not drink??
Im so young but think I honestly need help..
Feel like the worlds on my shoulders right now :(

ScottFromWI 08-23-2015 08:22 PM

Sorry to hear that, and you are right that it is hard to not drink. Have you considers a formal plan like meetings or a self laced method like AVRT?

Betterme2025 08-23-2015 08:27 PM

I think aa meetings might be the way to go..
Feel so stupid.. And being 24 makes me feel worse as I'm so young..
I just feel lonely and sad atm it's horrible.. I don't even want to be at work today

ScottFromWI 08-23-2015 08:31 PM

The fact that you realize the problem now is fantastic. If you have access to meetings by all means give it a shot.

Ruby2 08-23-2015 08:55 PM

It is hard to quit. I told myself every day that I wouldn't drink that day, and did anyway. I did a couple of things when I quit after a relapse following 10.5 months of sobriety. No matter how painful it was, I did not drink. So I avoided people, places and things that were triggers. I made plans on what I would do in certain situations where I'd drink or buy alcohol. Grocery store? Bring my mother with me. Or an understanding friend when I went shopping. I also started reading and posting on SR a lot. I started going to AA meetings again and got phone numbers of supportive women and used those numbers. Calling or texting someone to say "I need help, I'm having thoughts of drinking" became far less embarrassing the more I did it.

Some of those suggestions may work for you. Hang in there

getright15 08-23-2015 09:06 PM

I'm right there with you! After all my drama and nonsense I've caused with myself and my family you'd think I'd quit! It is hard for sure, but getting help is the best thing you can do especially since you realized you have a problem.

Keep ya head up like Pac said!

Betterme2025 08-23-2015 11:14 PM

Thanks heaps guys!
Means a lot to have ur support xo

ReadyAtLast 08-23-2015 11:17 PM

It is hard but it is so worth it. I wish I had quit when I was 24. I knew I had a big problem then but ignored it and carried on till I eventually quit at 38. I wasted so many years and lost my looks, friends, relationships, family, chance of family, promotion prospects, self respect and so many wasted years.

I wish I had had the sense and courage to seek help at your age. You can do this :) Stick around SR and find something that works for you. Learn from the weekend and start again today :)

Dee74 08-23-2015 11:33 PM

I think the more support you find, and the more changes you make, the better your chance of success is, Betterme.

Don't lose hope :)

Soberwolf 08-24-2015 06:17 AM

In this together I agree with Scott & D massively it is awesome what your posting

:hug: