Notices

Waking Up Sober

Old 08-23-2015, 08:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
😇

Awesome post Jezza! Last night was first night I slept without a sleep aid since quitting drinking.
Old 08-23-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by notgonnastoptry View Post
At least you and others leave their cars. I was mostly a home-alone drinker. Is this a common thing and is it done out of feeling responsible for your actions or is it just people going home and hooking up with others/
I would leave my car all over the place when I was drinking. Not going home with others, just too drunk to drive home. I guess there was some level of "responsibility" there in terms of not driving home. Although that was sort of in the beginning for me, towards the end, I was also a home alone drinker. Weirdly, that started as a sense of "responsibility" too. Saved money both on buying my alcohol at the store instead of in bars, and saved the cab fare to go get my car in the morning. Now my sense of responsibility comes from actually paying my bills on time, doing what I'm going to say I will, cooking my own food instead of buying garbage, going to work and being a productive member of society...the list goes on and on.
Old 08-23-2015, 08:38 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Great post.
For me it is the odd feeling of calm lying there in the pre dawn light. Then the overwhelming gratitude that washes over me when I realize that I don't have any regret to work through on this day.... Let's see, I came home, grilled supper, had enjoyable conversations with my family that I clearly remember, lay in bed talking with my wife and reading a book that I remember.... Deciding at some point to say goodnight and kissing my wife. Suddenly remembering that the chickens weren't locked away and having the ability to get up and trudge out yo the coop.. I could go on and on.
Waking up clean and clear rocks.
Happy Sunday all
Jonathan

Last edited by Zufrieden; 08-23-2015 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-23-2015, 09:01 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brighterlife View Post
It is THE BEST start to the day
P.s what the bleeding eck are 'ear worms'?
HAHA.. An ear worm is when you get a song in your head & can't get rid of it.... I suffered terribly with these when I was drinking!!!
Old 08-23-2015, 09:04 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Great reminders folks.... Keep them coming... Can always refer to this if the AV rears it's ugly head!!!! I forgot the skipping, pounding heart beat... That's a scary one!!!
Old 08-23-2015, 09:06 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

....and, remembering going to bed the night before!
Old 08-23-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Yes! Jezza this is an awesome thing to be thankful for every day. Just a few weeks ago I was living with the belief that sleep is an impossibly difficult thing for me which I dreaded each night, and there was nothing to look forward to in waking up. Now I fall asleep fast and wake up early. That is almost reason enough to stay sober every single day.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:14 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Do your best

Great post Jezza