Notices

Morning anxiety

Old 08-21-2015, 11:04 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

My doctor have me a home detox (valium taper over 7-8 days). Worked wonders with the WD's (hardly had any apart from sleep and night sweats. Can really relate to the anxiety.

Since my last 3 weeks off the booze I have drank daily for 3 weeks and the doc said I should be fine. Im at the end of day two and feel pretty ok.

I have read about kindling also and this is my 4th go now in 3 months. Sticking to it this time. Kindling is far two scary.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:25 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopscotch123 View Post
Kindling is far two scary.
I agree, I've read horror stories about kindling...
Old 08-21-2015, 11:40 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Make a note, put it on your fridge, PHONE MONDAY FOR HELP, then do it... Btw, I am still drinking but am so ready to stop, in the last 10 years I never thought I could attempt sobriety until now, when I realised I can actually plan sobriety while still drunk, hurrah! As long as I commit to the advice and guidance I am being given, which I have never been given before, previously I've been on my own, in my own head, no one else to answer to... Easy to give up trying and drink again with no one else even knowing I was trying ... This time I've reached out, shouted HELP, and followed instruction... Although I'm still drinking wine the last 6 weeks since my first Drs appt I'm not enjoying it, it's more like taking medicine up until they say stop! I actually signed a contract today saying I won't drink from 7th Sept once on the detox meds, thank god! I have a date to escape from this hell! Watch me, I pray I'm going to succeed, I've never felt so desperate and determined....
Old 08-21-2015, 11:42 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have you joined the weekender thread and the 24h thread and have you joined a sober month group for when you got sober

Lean on us were in this together
Old 08-21-2015, 12:43 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Have you joined the weekender thread and the 24h thread and have you joined a sober month group for when you got sober

Lean on us were in this together
Yes I have. I'm not posting much but I'm reading other's posts
Old 08-21-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopscotch123 View Post
My doctor have me a home detox (valium taper over 7-8 days). Worked wonders with the WD's (hardly had any apart from sleep and night sweats. Can really relate to the anxiety.

Since my last 3 weeks off the booze I have drank daily for 3 weeks and the doc said I should be fine. Im at the end of day two and feel pretty ok.

I have read about kindling also and this is my 4th go now in 3 months. Sticking to it this time. Kindling is far two scary.
in the hospital, they kept me on Valium around the clock. If it weren't for the acidosis, I could have home-detoxed. That wouldn't have been a good idea, though, because I would have gone back. I had valium at home, but nothing was cutting into the withdrawals post-binge.

I think kindling may have affected me in my last (and I hope final) quit.
Old 08-21-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

It's 3pm...I feel a little better. Still some waves of panic but much better than in the morning.

I don't have much energy, just doing a little bit of laundry and ready SR.

I think the Universe is helping me...we are having a huge thunderstorm right now...there's no way I could come up with an excuse to run up to the liquor store in this weather. I am grateful for that.

I still have cravings...I'm trying to remember something that Dee told me a while ago, to just watch the cravings, don't act, just watch them and they'll go away (sorry Dee I don't remember your exact words). It's easier said than done but I'm trying...
Old 08-21-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I think it's fantastic that you are here and working through this minute by minute, glad to hear you are making the best of the situation.
Old 08-21-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

patricia
Old 08-21-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're here Patricia
Don't forget the great tips on this link:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

you can do this

D
Old 08-21-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Keep it up Patricia, there are a lot of us cheering you on. Keep yourself well hydrated with cold water and be sure to eat.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

8pm...it's been 24 hours since my last drink

In the afternoon:
-I had chicken soup and a few bites of cheese (why this craving for something salty? My body is craving for sodium for some reason...)
-I fixed my son's computer (not fun, I got really angry and yelled...anger's always been a huge trigger, I have to work on that)
-I had a long long shower...it felt awesome
-I downloaded the Youtube app for my phone so I can meditate in bed tonight

The waves of panic still come and go but I didn't take any medication
I still feel very tired
But overall I am feeling much better than I did this morning when I woke up

Please send me strength for when I wake up tomorrow morning. I'm only 1 day sober and the morning anxiety still terrifies me

Thank you so much to all of you for the advice and support. You really made this Day 1 much better than I thought it would be
Old 08-21-2015, 07:41 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

So proud of you....on to day 2
Old 08-21-2015, 08:14 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hey Patricia, great to hear you are done with Day 1 and sober, yay! I'm done with 3! Will be checking in the morning with you. I have my calming music/meditation ready to go too, and the meds on the ready to not go into full panic as a back up. I had a tough time in July for first days , but then huge improvement. One morning I woke up, had slept all night and not filled with anxiety! Then I blew it , so here I go again, we do NOT want to repeat this cycle. I'm hoping to avoid the gross drinking dreams this time. Yuck, I didn't know about those and hated them.

Tibetan crystal bowl meditation music is my choice for tomorrow.
Yeah, anger, the A in Halt, remember that acronym? I think the A is for anxiety too.

Proud of you!!
Old 08-22-2015, 12:44 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Well done Patricia.
Old 08-22-2015, 12:59 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

You've done one morning, you can do a second one Patricia. Breathe, get some fresh air, drink some water, now what's for breakfast?