Notices

Is it different?

Old 08-20-2015, 04:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is it different?

How different to quitting smoking is quitting drinking?
Old 08-20-2015, 04:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Quitting alcohol was a total lifestyle change for me. Quitting smoking was intense for a short period of time but once it fades it fades for good. I'm repulsed by cigarette smoke now but still would love to be able to enjoy a cold beer or glass of wine
Old 08-20-2015, 04:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
quat

Quitting is quitting, the difference is between smoking and drinking, I think. Putting the pack or bottle down and deciding to recognize that there is no power on earth that can force your arm to pick them back up and bring them to your mouth, if you truly want to stop is possible, it's actually simple. Simple but not easy, the only magic involved is seeing the simplicity and the difficulty is determined by ourselves and how we react to the immediate effects and the changes quitting will bring.
For me ending my addiction to alcohol was made less difficult by focusing on the simplicity of quitting. Neither , imo, is easy, but they are possible and the solution is rather simple.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'd say a lot different one of them could kill you in WD
Old 08-20-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I don't know. I would like to quit smoking as well. But I don't think I'm ready. But I am starting to realize how gross smoking is. I mean, I'm putting smoke from a tiny fire inside my body. It's starting to gross me out but not to the point where I'm ready to quit yet. One thing at a time, lol.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I did not smoke but I was a daily user of smokeless tobacco for many years. I quit nicotine a few years before I quit drinking, and it was very uncomfortable but only for a short time. The "draw" of the addiction was not nearly as bad as the hold alcohol had on me. Even though I was using nicotine almost all day/every day, there were no horrible withdrawals symptoms like I had with alcohol.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I finally quit smoking in December. I tried to do them at the same time, but that proved too difficult. After some time, I started to try to stop drinking. For me, the quitting drinking was harder. At this point, I can smell a smoker right away, and the smell really bothers me, almost makes e sick. I have no desire for a cigarette. But, sometimes drinks in commercials or on some show on tv look really good and make me want some. That's just my opinion. Good luck!
Old 08-20-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's different for everyone.

I would have to smoke when I drank. When I stopped drinking, I stopped smoking and it wasn't a issue for me at all.

D